1.1 The payment of any sums intended to be in respect of fees by or on behalf of the student does not in itself indicate the existence of a contract between the University and the student. A contract shall only come into being when the University or UCAS (as appropriate) has given notification of acceptance of the student on a course and be finalised at enrolment.
2. Online Payments
2.1 All online payments are subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- All payments made through the online payment facility must be made in £ Sterling and the minimum transaction value is £5.00. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund shall be borne by the student or the third party making payment and shall not be deductible from the fees due to the University.
- Your payment will normally reach your University account to which you are making a payment by the following working day.
- Unless an invoice number has been specified, payments made by a student or on behalf of a student shall go towards settlement of any prior years debt with the University before being applied to the settlement of current years debt.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct University account due to you quoting an incorrect Student ID.
- Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You must check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- The University shall not be liable for any failure by the student or third party making payment of fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
- In no event will the University be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
3.1 Entitlement to tuition fee refunds is governed by the University’s Tuition Fee Payment Policy.
In the event that any payment of fees is to be refunded (either wholly or in part) the University will endeavour to make the refund to the card account or bank account from which the refundable payment was made.
If, for reasons beyond the University’s control refund cannot be made to the originating card/bank account, the refund will be made to an alternative card/bank account providing that the payer can demonstrate ownership of this alternative card/bank account.