Executive leadership within the University is provided by the Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, Professor Lynn Dobbs.
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) is responsible for advising the Vice-Chancellor on the exercise of the functions and responsibilities delegated by the Board of Governors to the Vice Chancellor as the University’s chief executive. SLT comprises the executive of the University for the purposes of the University’s Regulations and Scheme of Delegation.
The members of SLT are:
- Professor Lynn Dobbs, Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive (chair)
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (Vacant)
- Dr Chris Ince, University Secretary and Registrar (Governance)
- Mr Eugene McCrossan, Chief Financial Officer
- Dr Elizabeth Charman, Pro Vice-Chancellor Academic Development
- Ms Suzanne Burley, Pro Vice-Chancellor Learning and Teaching
- Professor Don MacRaild, Pro Vice-Chancellor Research and Knowledge Exchange
- Mr Gary Davies, Pro Vice-Chancellor Student Recruitment and Business Development
- Mr Robert Fisher, HR Director
Please see the SLT terms of reference and membership for more information.
The Senior Management Team (SMT), reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, brings together the senior academic and professional services management of the University to ensure a common understanding and engagement over the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan and the strategies and plans approved by the Board of Governors to ensure the sustainability of the University. A particular focus of the SMT is improving collaboration between Schools and Professional Service Departments (PSDs). The SMT also acts as the overarching programme board for the One Campus, One Community programme. The SMT comprises the members of the SLT, plus the University's Heads of Schools and senior PSD heads.
Please see the SMT terms of reference and membership for more information.
The members of the Senior Management Team and other senior staff are indicated in the London Met organogram .
The University's Health and Safety Committee (dealing with operational health and safety matters) reports to the Senior Leadership Team. Minutes are available upon request to the Health and Safety team.