Arriving from abroad

Currently outside the UK?

If you are currently outside of the UK, including students on Student (formerly Tier 4) visas, please ensure you have reviewed the government information on travel restrictions before you travel to the UK.

For Student visa holders, you should make every effort to collect your BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) as soon as you are out of the self-isolation or quarantine period. You will need to present a copy of the front and back of your BRP to the International Support Team as soon as you have it by emailing

UK Visas and Immigration are no longer permitting distance learning. If you are a student on a Student or Tier 4 visa and you are unable to return to the UK due to travel restrictions, you need to let the International Support Team know. You may be able to continue to access some teaching materials remotely for a short period of a few weeks while you are waiting to travel. You should check with your school office to find out if this will be possible. 

Please note that in order to remain sponsored on a Student or Tier 4 visa, you must travel to the UK to start on face to face classes as soon as possible. If you do not intend to travel to the UK, this may affect your visa sponsorship. Please contact us on for more advice and guidance.

Already in the UK?

If you are on a Student visa and are already in the UK, you must attend teaching on campus and will not be able to complete your studies from home 

If you need to speak to someone about your studies, please contact our International Student Advice Service for further information on or visit the International Support Team pages on the Student Zone.