Dr Peiyuan Pan has a PhD in Computer-aided Manufacturing Engineering, a postgraduate certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, and a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science.
Dr Peiyuan Pan
Dr Peiyuan Pan is a senior lecturer in Computer Science. He has a PhD in Computer-aided Manufacturing Engineering, a postgraduate certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, and a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science.
- ACM Professional
Dr Peiyuan Pan is the course leader for Computing and Business Information Technology FdSc. He has teaching specialisms in OO programming, introduction to the internet, essential computer science, computer systems and architecture, microcontroller based system development and applications, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, web systems development, and E-Commerce applications.
Dr Pan has academic interests in software system development, web-based applications, application of AI technologies, embedded systems development, e-manufacturing and global manufacturing systems, and supply chain management.
- Project partner – London Metropolitan University Vice Chancellor's Teaching Fellowship Award's Project entitled "A Virtual Surgery to Support Learning Java Programming Modules". (Oct 2010 - Sept 2011)
- An Internet-based system for improving the performance of industrial supply chain (1999 - 2002)
- An Internet-based intelligent design and selection system for rolling bearings (1996 -1999)
- A bidding system controlled by microprocessors ( 1994 -1995)
- A PC-based data acquisition system using Lab Windows for measuring temperature, pressure through multiple hybrid optical fibre sensors (1993 – 1994)
- An intelligent monitoring system for detecting and predicting temperature and pressure in a flexible manufacturing system (1990 – 1993)
- A PC-based online system of measurement and compensation for cylindricity, straightness and roundness in ultra-precision machining (1985 – 1992)
- A precision digital multi-channel capacitance instruments based on multi microprocessors (1989 – 1992)
- A MCS-51 based embedded system for turning of pistons with special cross-sections. Patented in China (patented no: ZL89105744.7) (1988 – 1991)
- A PC-based multi-functional parallel data acquisition system (Model KD-12) (1985 – 1988)
- A CNC machining system controlled by M6800 processor (1982 – 1984)
- Q Dang, P Pan, and T Wang, (2011) "A Holistic Approach to Design, Delivery and Evaluation of Courseware for E–Learning"; e–Teaching and Learning Workshop, the Higher Education Academy Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences (HEA–ICS), University of Greenwich, 1 June 2011.
- Q Dang, T Wang, P Pan & P Chalk, (2011) A Virtual Surgery to Support Learning Introductory Programming, HEA–ICS 11th Programming, BCS, April 2011.
- G Ma, Y Li, W. Li, P Pan, (2011); A Process Model and Method of Idea Generation for Conceptual Design; Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineering, Part B, Journal of Engineering Manufacturing. April 2011, Vol 225(4), pp 568–586.
- X Liu, Y Li, P Pan, W Li, (2011); Research on Computer–aided Creative Design Platform Based on Creativity Model; International Journal of Expert Systems with Applications. ISSN: 09574174, Vol 38(8), pp 9973–9990.
- T Wang, Q Dang, P Pan, (2011) A Predict– Fuzzy Logic Protocol for Multi–Robotic cooperation and competition; Journal of Communications, May 2011, Vol 6(3), pp225–231.
- S Ahmed, P Pan, S Tang, (2010); Clustering Websites Using a MapReduce Programming Model; Journal of Communication and Computer, ISSN 1548–7709, USA; Sep. 2010, Vol 7(9).
- T Wang, Q Dang, P Pan, (2010); Path Planning Approach in An Unknown Environment; International Journal of Automation and Computing, Aug. 2010, Vol 7(3), pp 310–316.
- T Wang, S Tang, and P Pan, (2007); A path planning approach for mobile robot in an unknown environment; the 4th International Conference on Cybernetics and Information Technologies, Systems and Applications (CITSA 2007), July 12–15, 2007, USA.
- T Wang, S Tang, and P Pan, (2007); Human imitation strategy for path finding in computer games, the 3rd Annual International Conference; July 23–24, 2007, Athens, Greece.
- M Khan, T Wang, P Pan and S Tang, (2006); A Web–Based Instant Messenger System; the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science & Information Systems, June 19–21, 2006, Athens, Greece.
- P Pan, T Oseku–Afful, S Tang, and T Wang, (2005); Web–based NHS service with the support of expert system; The Proceedings of IADIS International Conference WWW/Internet 2005; 19 – 22 October, Lisbon, Portugal.
- T Oseku–Afful, P Pan, S Tang, and T Wang, (2005); An expert system approach for on–line NHS service, The Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science & Information Systems; 15–18 June, 2005, Athens, Greece.
- T Wang, S Tang and P Pan, (2005); A virtual environment information system based on GIS database, the Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems; 15–18 June, 2005, Athens, Greece.
- P Pan (2004) Chapter 3: Internet Enabled Technologies in: K Cheng ed(s). e–Manufacturing: Fundamentals and Applications. Boston, WITpress
- T Wang, S Tang and P Pan, (2004); 3D urban traffic system simulation based on geo–data, 2nd International Conference Information Technology: Research and Education, London Metropolitan University, 28 June – 1 July 2004, London, pp59–63.
- P Pan, Z Michaelides and D Kehoe, (2003); An Internet enabled approach for MRO models and its implementation, 5th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, 23–26 April 2003, Angers, France, Vol 4, pp317–323.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (2003); A web–based agile system for rolling bearing design; Integrated Management Systems 2003, vol.14(6), pp 518–529, ISSN 0957–6061.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (2002); Development of an Internet–based intelligent design support system for rolling element bearings; the International Journal of Systems Science. 2002, Vol. 33 (6), pp 403–419, ISSN 0020–7721.
- P Pan, Z Michaelides and D Kehoe, (2002); An e–business based approach to MRO applications; International Conference on E–commerce Engineering, 19–21 September 2002, Beijing, China.
- P Pan, Z Michaelides and D Kehoe, (2002); An Internet enabled approach for MRO models and its implementation; International CACSUK conference, 20–21 September 2002, Beijing, China.
- K Cheng, P Pan and D K Harrison, (2001); ‘Web–based design and manufacturing support systems: implementation perspectives’; International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing 2001, Vol. 14, No.1, pp 14–27 ISSN 0951–192X print/ISSN 1362–3052 online.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (2001); ‘Development of an agile design support system based on AI and web technologies’; International Conference on E–commerce Engineering, New Challenges in 21st Century Manufacturing, September 2001, Xian, China.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (2000); 'Using artificial intelligence for processing design specifications and its computerised implementation'; the 16th International Conference on Computer–aided Production Engineering, hosted by The University of Edinburgh, August 2000, pp.465–474.
- P Pan K Cheng and D K Harrison, (2000); ‘An AI and Internet–based agile system for rolling bearing design’; Internet–based Engineering–Applications and Case Studies, published by the Nottingham Trent University in association with Professional Engineering Publishing Ltd, ISBN 1–84233–021–7, 2000, pp.29–61.
- K Cheng, P Pan and D K Harrison, (2000); ‘The Internet as a tool with application to agile manufacturing: a web–based engineering approach and its implementation issues’; the International Journal of Production Research, 2000, Vol. 38, No. 12, 2743–2759.
- P Pan (2000); ‘Fuzzy neural modeling’; International Journal of Industrial Engineering – Applications and Practice, ISBN 0–9654 506–0–0, edited by the University of Cincinnati, USA, 2000.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (1999); ‘Java–based systems: an engineering approach to the implementation of design agility and manufacturing responsiveness’, the 15th International Conference on Computer–aided Production Engineering, hosted by the University of Durham, 19–21 April 1999.
- K Cheng, P Pan and D K Harrison, (1999); ‘Internet as a tool for agile design and manufacturing: a web–based development approach and its implementation’, the 13th ASME Computer in Engineering Conference, Las Vegas, USA, 12–15 September 1999.
- K Cheng, P Pan and D K Harrison; 'Internet technology for manufacturing industry: application perspectives'; the conference on application of Internet technology, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 9–11 March 1999.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (1998); 'Integration of fuzzy logic and neural networks to support decision making in engineering design'; Advances in Manufacturing Technology XII, Mechanical Engineering Publications Limited, 1998, pp 645–652.
- K Cheng, D K Harrison and P Pan, (1998), 'Implementation of agile manufacturing– an AI and Internet based approach'; Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.76, 1998, pp 96–101.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (1997); 'A neural–fuzzy based intelligent system for the selection of journal bearings'; The mission of Tribology, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers; 4 December 1997, pp 38–42.
- P Pan, K Cheng and D K Harrison, (1997); 'A neural–fuzzy approach for the selection of journal bearings'; Proceedings of the 13th national conference on manufacturing, Glasgow Caledonian University, Sep. 1997, pp 627–631.
- K Cheng, P Pan and D K Harrison, (1997); ‘Internet technology for SME’s in manufacturing industry: application perspectives’; Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Seminar: Internet Enabled Manufacturing – The Cyber Factory, I.MECH.E. Headquarters, London, U.K., 17 Sep 1997, pp 1–8.
- P Pan, R Duggan, (1994); 'Technical report of the development of a PC–based data acquisition system for real–time measurement of temperature, pressure using multiple hybrid optical fibre sensors'; Dec. 1994, Brunel University, UK.
- B Y Liu, P Pan, Z Y He and G Q Cheng, (1993); 'The development of IBM PC based high accuracy turning multiple measurement and control system'; The 7th international precision engineering seminar, 17–23 May 1993, Kobe, Japan.
- B Y Liu, P Pan and G Q Cheng, (1991); 'A "flexible template" machining system for the turning of pistons with special cross section based on IBM PC'; Proceedings of the 11th international conference on production research, 1991, China.
- P Pan, B Y Liu, F J Wan and G Q Cheng (1990); 'Control machining systems using multiple single chip processors'; Journal of Electronics and Automatics, Oct. 1990, China.
- P Pan, B Y Liu, F J Wan and G Q Cheng, (1990); 'The application of computer network in multiple machining control systems'; Journal of Computer Aided Manufacturing 1990, China.
- P Pan and B Y Liu, (1989); 'Modelling and data acquisition in real–time measurement and control'; Journal of Control Theory, Oct. 1989, China.
- J Li, H X Yuan and P Y Pan, (1989); 'Computer based Roundness on–line measurement and error compensation technique in ultra precision machining; Journal of Computer Aided Manufacturing, Feb.1989, China.
- P Pan (1985); 'The application of microprocessors in CNC system'; The third national conference on computer applications, Oct. 1985, Changsha, Hunan, China.
Room: T10-02, Tower Building
Phone: +44 (0)20 7133 4311