Panos teaches on both our Airline, Airport and Aviation Management BSc and our Airline and Airport Corporate Management MSc.
More about Dr. Panos Koniavitis
Panos achieved his Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics MEng Diploma from the University of Patras in Greece.
He then moved to the UK to study a PhD at Imperial College London, which focused on the combustion processes of aircraft engines. After completing his PhD he worked as a research associate at the University of Cambridge, working with Rolls-Royce.
Panos is now a lecturer in aviation at the Guildhall School of Business and Law.
Panos' main teaching areas are:
- Research methods
- Airline management
With research, Panos is focused on the sustainability of aviation, which includes (but is not restricted to) sustainable aviation fuels, sustainable airports and sustainability strategies and reporting.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'A methodology for derivation of RCCE-reduced mechanisms via CSP', Combustion and Flame, 183, 126-143, 2017. Available online.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'Reduction of a detailed chemical mechanism for a kerosene surrogate via RCCE-CSP', Combustion and Flame, 194, 85-106, 2018. Available online.
- W. P. Jones, P. Koniavitis, S. Rigopoulos, 'RCCE-reduced chemical mechanisms for surrogate aviation fuels', proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2015.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'Reduced chemical mechanisms for aviation fuels with RCCE', proceedings of the Engineering Turbulence Modelling Meeting (ETMM), 2016.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'A reduced chemical mechanism for kerosene via an RCCE – CSP methodology', proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2017.
- L. L. C. Franke, P. Koniavitis, S. Rigopoulos, 'Tabulation of Kerosene Surrogate Fuel Combustion Chemistry via Artificial Neural Networks', proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2017.
Panos has presented at a range of international conferences including:
- the European Combustion Meeting
- the International Conference on Numerical Combustion
- the Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements
- plus various national conferences on combustion
Dr Panos Koniavitis
Lecturer in Aviation