More about Dr. Panos Koniavitis
Panos achieved his Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics MEng Diploma from the University of Patras in Greece.
He then moved to the UK to study a PhD at Imperial College London, which focused on the combustion processes of aircraft engines. After completing his PhD he worked as a research associate at the University of Cambridge, working with Rolls-Royce.
Panos is now a lecturer in aviation at the Guildhall School of Business and Law.
Panos' main teaching areas are:
- Research methods
- Airline management
With research, Panos is focused on the sustainability of aviation, which includes (but is not restricted to) sustainable aviation fuels, sustainable airports and sustainability strategies and reporting.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'A methodology for derivation of RCCE-reduced mechanisms via CSP', Combustion and Flame, 183, 126-143, 2017. Available online.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'Reduction of a detailed chemical mechanism for a kerosene surrogate via RCCE-CSP', Combustion and Flame, 194, 85-106, 2018. Available online.
- W. P. Jones, P. Koniavitis, S. Rigopoulos, 'RCCE-reduced chemical mechanisms for surrogate aviation fuels', proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2015.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'Reduced chemical mechanisms for aviation fuels with RCCE', proceedings of the Engineering Turbulence Modelling Meeting (ETMM), 2016.
- P. Koniavitis, W. P. Jones, S. Rigopoulos, 'A reduced chemical mechanism for kerosene via an RCCE – CSP methodology', proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2017.
- L. L. C. Franke, P. Koniavitis, S. Rigopoulos, 'Tabulation of Kerosene Surrogate Fuel Combustion Chemistry via Artificial Neural Networks', proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting, 2017.
Panos has presented at a range of international conferences including:
- the European Combustion Meeting
- the International Conference on Numerical Combustion
- the Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Measurements
- plus various national conferences on combustion
Dr Panos Koniavitis
Lecturer in Aviation