Taking place on 12 November, the 90 minute seminar will emphasise translating the language of science into practical exercise and activity.
Date: 21 October 2021
Organised by Chris Chamberlin, Senior Lecturer in Exercise Physiology, the 90 minute seminar will emphasise translating the language of science into practical exercise and activity.
A group of expert speakers will deliver a discussion on an associated topic, with just three minutes each to communicate their ideas concisely and effectively to the audience.
The speakers include:
- Nasir Uddin, Lecturer in Exercise Physiology
- Paul Starrs, Senior Lecturer in Sports Therapy
- Joanna Jenkins, Senior Lecturer in Sports Therapy
- Lucas Capalbo, Lecturer in Sport Psychology and Coaching
- Shawn Mclaren, Lecturer in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Laura Perry, Academic Mentor and Exercise Physiologist
- James Rutherford, Sport Science Teaching Technician and Nutritional Physiologist
- Karl Grainger, Senior Lecturer in Biomechanics
- James Davis Senior Physiologist at Bodytrak
- Chris Chamberlin, Senior Lecturer in Exercise Physiology
- Aldo Lena, Senior Lecturer in Sports Therapy
Following the talks, there will be a round table discussion where the experts will offer advice on safe exercise and activity participation and respond to any audience questions.
The event takes place on 12 November, 1.30 pm, in TMG-47 on London Met’s Holloway Road campus. Access is via the Rocket entrance with the main corridor leading to TMG-47.
Step free access is only available via Tower building reception but there is a chair lift outside TMG-47 if the Rocket entrance is used.
This seminar is open to all and refreshments will be available. Book your free place on Eventbrite.
When: 1.30 - 3pm, 12 November
Where: Room TMG-47 on London Met’s Holloway Road campus