'Career's in HR' talk during induction
Clive Wright, visiting professor and course patron, will give a talk entitled ‘Careers in HR: specialisms, hierarchies and cultures’ at the Human Resource Management induction day on 22 September 2014.
Clive will examine:
- How cultures differ across organisations;
- Specialisms such as employment relations, employment law, learning and development and reward;
- Private sector, public sector and consultancy careers; and
- Job roles, job titles and what they might entail
- The role of the CIPD as a professional body and its importance to careers; and
- The role of the CIPD’s North London Branch – networks, career opportunities and continuing professional development
The BA HRM course has a strong focus on employability from the very beginning. Clive’s guest lecture session will help those students just starting out in the HRM arena to understand the range of career options open to them. Mark’s talk will explain the relevance of the professional body for HRM, the CIPD. In addition, Tana Geoffroy, senior lecturer in the Faculty of Business and Law will talk to students about the work placement that they will undertake during their degree and the career opportunities that flow from it.