Cass Projects and Tower Hamlets Council are delighted to announce the launch of a artwork competition.
Date: 20 June 2018
Cass Projects and Tower Hamlets Council (Brick Lane Town Centre) are delighted to announce the launch of a artwork competition.
The Brick Lane Town Centre Management team has identified the north side of the building on the corner of 28 Brick Lane and Chicksand Street as an area where they would like to locate street art. The area for the artwork is indicated by the red dashed line in the image above. It is on the Chicksand Street side, opposite Sticky Wings restaurant.
Cass students are invited to submit concept designs that respond to Tower Hamlets’ desire to improve wayfinding in the local area.
LB Tower Hamlets are keen that the artwork draws visitors down to the southern end of Brick Lane and Osbourne Street. They are also keen that it improves connectivity between Petticoat Lane and Brick Lane.
The winning entry will be awarded a prize of £250, and the opportunity to work with Tower Hamlets’ installers to develop the piece.
Each entry should comprise a A3 sheet that:
- Is a PDF with the file name [student name]_[student ID]_[student course].
- Includes at least one image showing the proposed artwork (elevation).
- Includes at least one image showing artwork on the north wall of no 28 Brick Lane (visualization).
Please share PDFs via Google Drive with: email@example.com
Entry deadline: Midnight on Monday 2 July 2018
- Surface treatment artwork only, mechanical fixings cannot be made into the wall.
- The existing street signage, boxes, cables and stairwell cannot be painted, but can be integrated in design.
- Installation will be carried out by contractors identified by LB Tower Hamlets.