Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course


Undergraduate A completed Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skole (High School Diploma) with average marks of 3 or above
Four-year degree including a foundation year Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.

A completed Candidatus Magisterii from a recognised institution – a CGPA of 2.7 or above, or a minimum grade of C (if under the new bachelor's degree award system)

International Foundation Programme A completed Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skole (High School Diploma) with average marks of 3 or above

Mathematics and English requirements




A pass in Vitnemål English – 4 from 2014 or above. For those who do not meet this requirement please see our English language requirements.

Mathematics (if applicable to your course) A pass in Vitnemål fra den Videregående Skole (High School Diploma) Mathematics with a grade of 3 or above

Applying from Norway

Everything you need to know about applying to study with us from Norway, including details on how you can meet us in your own country, get in touch with local representatives and hear from our Norwegian alumni about their London Met experience.

Find out more

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.