Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course


Undergraduate Atestāts par vispārējo vidējo izglītību (Certificate of Secondary Education) with an average grade 7 (out of 10) in at least 12 subjects in the final year assessment, plus grade C or higher in at least two valsts centralizētajos eksāmenos (national centralised examinations)
Four-year degree including a foundation year Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.
Postgraduate Bakalaurs (bachelor's) or pre-2000 Maģistrs (master's) in a relevant subject with an overall grade of 6 to 7/C or above
International Foundation Programme Atestāts par vispārējo vidējo izglītību (Certificate of Secondary Education) in at least 12 subjects in the final year assessment with an average of grade 6

Mathematics and English requirements



English Applicants who require a student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) Maths with grade 6 or above in the final year assessment (part of atestāts par vispārējo vidējo izglītību/ Certificate of Secondary Education)

Additional information

‌ENIC and accreditation

UK ENIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from ENIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.