Czech Republic

Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the relevant course page. Please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application.

Academic entry requirements

Type of course



Maturini Zkouska or Vysvedcení o Maturitní Zkoušce (School Leaving Certificate with Maturita from technical / vocational schools) – grade 3 or above

Four-year degree including a foundation year Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements for an undergraduate course may be considered for an available or appropriate foundation year degree programme.

Any one of the following qualifications:

  • Bakalár with either 'velmi dobre’ (good) or ‘vyborne’ (excellent) or 2/C or above (post 2004) or pre-2001 Magistr (formerly Absolvent Vysoké Skoly)
  • Professional title with 'velmi dobre’ (good) or ‘vyborne’ (excellent)
International Foundation Programme

Any one of the following qualifications:

  • Maturini Zkouska, with Grade 4 or above
  • Vysvedceni o Maturitni Zkousce, with Grade 4 or above

Mathematics and English requirements



English Applicants who require a student visa must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS or Pearson PTE Academic qualification. Please see our English language requirements.
Mathematics (if applicable to your course) Minimum grade 3 (dobry/good) in maths in the final year

Additional information

‌NARIC and accreditation

UK NARIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Take a look at the Statement of Comparability from NARIC. 

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you're able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates)If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.