If you have applied and need to book a place on one of our interviews days or you require advice for portfolio preparation, please see our undergraduate interview booking and portfolio guide page.
If you are applying for a foundation or undergraduate degree starting in February, you should apply directly to the University by using the online application on your chosen course page.
If you are applying for a foundation or undergraduate degree starting in September, you should apply through UCAS. Your school or college can help you.
Each area of The Cass also has a lead academic who can help with subject or course-specific queries.
- 3D design: Marianne Forrest (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Architecture : Sandra Denicke
- Fine art: Rosemarie McGoldrick (email@example.com
- Interiors: Kaye Newman
- Visual communication: Angharad Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foundation year: Chianna Roberts (email@example.com)
If you are applying to study an undergraduate course part-time you will need to apply directly through the University via the online application on the course pages.
For the majority of courses at The Cass we interview applicants. The interview day is an opportunity to meet an academic tutor, talk to current students and explore the School. An interview will last between 15 and 20 minutes and it is essential that you bring a portfolio of your work.
During the interview we will ask you to explain your work, its process and the ideas. It is an informal meeting to discuss your work and your interests. We are interested in the individual applicant and what has inspired you to apply to one of our courses.
During the interview, the lecturer will evaluate your creativity, your commitment, knowledge and your technical skills. Whilst looking at your work we will ask you about:
- your ideas and their importance to you
- its background and context
- your estimation of its strengths and weaknesses
- your methods and procedures
Your ability to discuss your portfolio is as crucial as the work itself. After the interview you will not be told the decision. Our admissions team will inform you of the outcome.
If you are invited to interview, our admissions team will offer you a selection of dates to choose from by booking online.
Please note, failure to attend your interview will result in you being withdrawn as an applicant. We will only change your interview date in exceptional circumstances.
For guidance about what to include in your portfolio, please contact the course leader for your chosen course or one of the following staff:
- Fine art / painting courses: Rosemarie McGoldrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Photography courses: Paola Leonardi (email@example.com)
- Architecture courses: Sandra Denicke
- Interiors courses : Kaye Newman
- Visual communication courses (Graphic Design, Illustration and Animation, Design for Publishing): Angharad Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3D design courses (Furniture, Fashion, Jewellery, Textiles): Marianne Forrest (email@example.com)
- Foundation year / extended degree courses: Chianna Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org)