Meet our real London community
Like the wider London community, our students, staff and graduates come from all kinds of backgrounds – some from around the corner, others from around the globe. Each and every one of them belongs here and uniquely contributes to our community and the city around them. They are The Real London. This is The Real London.
League tables and rankings
Our mission is to transform lives through the power of education – and we do that by welcoming students from all kinds of backgrounds and supporting them to achieve success.
We put your job prospects at the heart of our curriculum – all of our undergraduate courses include some form of work-related learning, such as a placement, client project or on-campus work opportunity to ensure that you not only gain knowledge of your chosen subject but you're also fully equipped for the world of work when you graduate.
Join our welcoming community of learners, teachers and innovative thinkers. Explore the real London, find your perfect course and apply today!
Here are just some of the reasons to study with us:
- We're in the top 10 universities for teaching quality and student experience in the UK – The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024.
- We achieved silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2023 and gold for student experience.
- 86% of our research is internationally recognised, whilst 60% is world-leading or internationally excellent – Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
- We've reduced our carbon emissions by 80% since 2005-06 which is more than any other UK university – People and Planet 2021.
- We're committed to social justice and advancing equity and inclusion in student and local communities – we received the Silver Award in the University of the Year category at the 2023 UK Social Mobility Awards.
- We place job prospects at the heart of everything we do.
- We're based in central London with our Aldgate campus based in Zone 1 and our Holloway campus based in Zone 2.
"I've always felt London Met has a very unique feel and brand to it. It's not your typical big university. It's a community university – there’s a really good atmosphere to it."
Aaron Patel – London Met graduate
"The lecturers and everyone surrounding me were so caring and generous with their time and with their effort. I really felt more of part of a family rather than an educational institution."
Scarlett Yoxall – London Met graduate
"To me, London Met symbolises change because that's what it did in my life. You can do so much more than you thought you could."
Hailey Savage – London Met graduate