The Board of Governors
Sub-Committees of the Board
The Board of Governors has delegated authority to a number of committees which report to the Board. These include the University’s Academic Board, a committee which the University’s Articles of Association require the Board of Governors to establish.
The terms of reference (ToR) and membership of the Board’s subcommittees are given below:
- Academic Board - ToR
- Audit Committee - ToR
- Finance and Resources Committee - ToR
- Governance Committee - ToR
- Standards and Enhancement Committee - ToR
- Employment, Enterprise and Research Outcomes Committee - ToR
- Awards Board - ToR
- Academic Portfolio Committee - ToR
- Collaborative Provision Committee - ToR
- Research, Ethics Committee – ToR
The committees in the list above are serviced by the University Secretary’s Office, apart from the Awards Board, which is serviced by external examiners and assessment, the Academic Portfolio Committee and Collaborative Provision Committee, which are serviced by the Quality Enhancement Unit, and the Research Ethics Committee, which is serviced by the Casework Office.
Minutes of Academic Board meetings are published six months after the date of the meeting to which they relate.
The following diagrams illustrate our committee structure: