An undergraduate course (known as a bachelor's degree) is usually the first degree students apply for and normally takes three years to complete.
You will graduate with a Bachelor of Arts (BA), Sciences (BSc), Engineering (BEng) or Education (BEd), depending on your choice of subject.
The basic building block of the degree is a module. Each module is usually worth 30 or 15 credits and an honours degree is awarded to students who achieve 360 credits. You will be studying some core modules, which are compulsory parts of the course, and some optional modules, which you can choose according to your own interests.
Extended degrees provide applicants with an alternative route into higher education. If you do not have traditional qualifications or cannot meet the entry requirements for an undergraduate degree, you may still be able to gain entry by completing an extended degree. Extended degrees include a Year 0, which is also known as a foundation year. Once you successfully complete your first year of study you will progress into Year 1 of an undergraduate degree.
If you are considering studying in London, come along to an undergraduate open day or campus tour at London Met.
How to create your personalised prospectus
Creating your own personalised prospectus is easy. Just follow these simple steps and you'll instantly be able to download a PDF file of our prospectus containing your chosen courses.
- Use the course finder or browse our courses.
- Click "Add to my prospectus" whilst on a course page or from a course listing. Add as many courses as you like.
- When you have chosen all your courses click on the "My Prospectus" button at the top of any page on our website.
- You'll see a list of your selected courses, you can refine this and then hit the "Get my prospectus" button.
- Fill in your details and a PDF will be available for you to download immediately and sent to you automatically by email.