Services for refugee health professionals (Refugee Assessment and Guidance Unit)
The Building Bridges programme is an NHS-funded partnership for all refugee health professionals living in London and is made up of three organisations: London Met's Refugee Assessment and Guidance Unit (RAGU), Glowing Results and the Refugee Council. RAGU specifically provides careers advice alongside guidance and employability skills development training for all refugee health professionals, supporting doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, midwives and biomedical scientists and all allied health professionals.
We offer the following services:
- individual appointments with a specialist careers adviser
- up-to-date information and guidance on routes towards professional registration
- practical employability workshops focused on the health sector, including CV writing, networking, job applications and interview skills
- work placements in the NHS
- funding for some professional exams and some training
- extensive advocacy with professional bodies
Our careers guidance programme supports clients to move forward into:
- paid and voluntary work in the healthcare sector
- professional training in the healthcare sector
- professional registration
- alternative healthcare employment
NHS-funded research: a 12-minute video where refugee health professionals talk about their experiences.