Modern and Traditional Finishing (short course)
Why study this course?
This five-day course is designed to give you a basic understanding of modern and traditional finishing. With additional practice, this will enable you to build on and gain sufficient skills that could lead to employment within the industry or help you set up your own business.
The course is heavily weighted in practical terms and you will gain skills and experience using a hands-on approach in a well-equipped workshop environment.
With additional practice, this will enable you to build on and gain sufficient skills that could lead to employment within the industry or help you set up your own business.
This course is suitable for individuals with little or no prior experience but who have a desire to gain the necessary skills to hand finish their own projects and develop their knowledge and skills further.
Skills covered on the course include:
- surface preparation
- material preparation
- compliant air atomising and airless/air assisted spray equipment
- operation techniques
- grain filling
- colour matching
- French polishing techniques
You will develop your skills and competence in the subject with the help of demonstrations, tutorials and discussions.
"Andy Hills was extremely knowledgeable and helpful on the techniques but also on the science of modern finishing."
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Day and time||Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
Materials are included in the course fees.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.