Intermediate Guitar Making (short course)
Why study this course?
Continue to learn the art of guitar making and build on previous knowledge. These classes are designed to consolidate the skills acquired in the introductory classes and to guide you in the continued preparation and assembly of the guitar's component parts.
This course follows a tried-and-tested programme that has been used for more than 30 years with great success. The evening course runs in blocks of 10 weeks and is designed to allow participants to build on the skills necessary to build guitars. It will give you the opportunity to:
- acquire the skills and techniques necessary to be competent in guitar making
- undertake hands-on practical sessions to create the finished product
- build upon previous knowledge
These more advanced classes are not suitable for complete newcomers to guitar making. If you haven't made an instrument before or you're not a competent woodworker, we recommend that you join the introductory class, which is specially designed to prepare you to take on this more advanced instrument construction work.
"This course was well run and time was taken by the course leader to ensure that the different needs of the students who were at different levels of progress were catered for."
"The tutor is excellent, always helpful and able to provide clear explanations."
"Mathias is an excellent tutor. His knowledge and experience are invaluable."
"Great course. I really progressed my skills this term. Thanks Mat!"
|Course dates||Autumn dates coming soon!|
|Length||One evening a week for ten weeks|
|Day and time||Tuesday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm|
|Maximum class size||12|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
- those whose sole or main income is a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University alumni members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
In addition to the course fee there will be a charge for materials. The amount of this charge is dependent on the size of the project undertaken.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.