Design for Retail Interiors (short course)
Why study this course?
This course aims to give you an insight into the retail design process, from the initial research and survey of space to developing brand concepts and the brand personality through mood boards, design concepts, sketch models and presentations.
The course will begin with an introductory lecture looking at retail design in London, exploring the new immersive and experiential spaces where website and place are connecting on the high street. During the course, you will learn how to survey space, understand the needs of a brand and learn about how this is involved in an interior. Through mood boards and sketch modelling you will develop your skills further.
Day one: Introductory lecture, brief and brand analysis, and site survey
Day two: Preparing concept, analysis of customer journey and brand experience
Day three: Sketch modelling and using Adobe Photoshop to generate scaled figures and artefacts
Day four: Sketch modelling, presentation photography using light and presentation
You will learn about:
- building surveys
- concise environmental surveys
- brief and brand analysis and investigation
- sketch modelling
- model photography
- Photoshop and looking at scale
This course is suitable for individuals who want to build a portfolio to apply for a degree course, or those wishing to develop their current professional skills further within the industry.
|Course dates||Not currently available|
|Length||Four consecutive days|
|Day and time||Monday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm|
|Maximum class size||10|
A 20% discount is available for:
- those who are registered as unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- those whose sole or main income is a Department of Social Security (DSS) state retirement pension
- those who are registered as disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- full-time and part-time UK students on credit-bearing courses
- London Metropolitan University students on year-long day courses
- London Metropolitan University Alumni Association members
- London Metropolitan University staff
If you're eligible for the 20% discount, please contact us before booking.
The cost of materials is included in the course fee.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
How to apply
Booking for this course isn't open at this time as the dates of the next intake are not yet confirmed. Please get in touch for further information or register your interest to receive notification as soon as booking opens.
When to apply
Please note, the deadline to book a place on one of our short courses is one week before the start date. If you have missed the deadline, please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate you.