The Centre for Primary Health and Social Care hosted the third annual Interdisciplinary Health and Wellbeing Research Conference that took place on 14 February 2020 at London Met’s School of Social Professions.
The conference consisted of four sessions including staff, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD student presentations, some working on projects together with lecturers. Presentation topics this year included:
- bullying in education
- anti-racism and discrimination
- migrant access to healthcare
- engaging with fathers in social work practices
- disability and employment
- the health of carers and breast cancer survivors
Presentations were then followed by plenary sessions which explored questions from an audience of approximately 120 students, who actively engaged in discussions throughout the day.