Sarah is a health psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC). She has worked in health psychology for ten years, and research interests include children's eating behaviours, weight management and smoking cessation.
Sarah is a Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for the Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology. This involves supervising doctoral students and delivering teaching on a variety of subjects including advanced quantitative and qualitative research methods, behavioural interventions, systematic reviewing and consultancy.
- Przulj, D, Hajek, P, Snuggs, S, McRobbie, H (2018) Changes in Alcohol Consumption During a Stop-Smoking Attempt and Differences Between Smokers Using Nicotine Replacement and Smokers Using Varenicline. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 20(5).
- McRobbie H, Hajek P, Peerbux S, Kahan BC, Eldridge S, Trépel D, et al. (2016) Tackling obesity in areas of high social deprivation: clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a task-based weight management group programme: a randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess 20(79).
- Hajek P, McRobbie H, Snuggs S, Peerbux S, Myers Smith K, Miler JA (2015) Effects of protein load prior to the main meal of the day: a pilot trial. Obes Res Open J. 2(4).
- Snuggs, S and Hajek, P (2013) Responsiveness to reward following cessation of smoking. Psychopharmacology, 225.
- Snuggs, S, McRobbie, H, Myers, K, Schmocker, F, Goddard, J and Hajek, P (2012), Using text messaging to prevent relapse to smoking: intervention development, practicability and client reactions. Addiction, 107.
- Popan, J R, Kenworthy, J B, Frame, M C, Lyons, P A and Snuggs, S J (2010), Political groups in contact: The role of attributions for outgroup attitudes in reducing antipathy. Eur. J. Soc. Psychol., 40.
Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for the Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology