Ron Cambridge (SFHEA, Med, MSc, BA) is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and is a Senior Lecturer and Course Leader in Banking and Finance BSc at London Metropolitan University.
A fresh multidisciplinary academic talent, she works closely with State Street Bank and the Adab Trust. Her doctorate research in Business Administration examines a CSR vision in a modern London university, and she is an active member of the international Sustainable Entrepreneurship Award (SEA).
After graduating with first class honours and being awarded the national medal of the Institute of Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) award, Ron worked as the Head of Finance for the Institute of the Legal Accounts. She has developed her academic career whilst graduating on the Financial Services Management MSc, focusing on management ideas such as human capital, organisational management as well as feminism and post-structuralism social theories, which were further enriched by her Master of Education: Policy, Research and Professional Practice.
It is through her research and role as Personal Academic Adviser (PAA) that Ron developed a less linear acceptance of both management concepts and social theories, and developed a strong interest in student affairs, social justice, widening participation and corporate social responsibility in higher education. Ron participates in many conferences as well as advising and lecturing in other universities in the UK and internationally.
Through Ron's research and role as a Personal Academic Adviser (PAA), she has developed a less linear understanding of both management concepts and social theories, as well as developed a strong interest in student affairs, social justice and widening participation in higher education. Ron is also responsible for the development of the close relationship with the ADAB Trust and State Street, who together, endeavour to bring the corporate world and our students closer together.
Ron has participated in many conferences in both Europe and the United States, and was also a visiting lecturer at the University of East London and City of London College. She is currently completing her Doctorate of Business Administration at the Guildhall School of Business at London Metropolitan University.
- Organisational Management Theories
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Research Methods
- Fundamentals of Financial Markets
- Employability and Academic skills
- CSR is as old as time yet social innovation in the concept continues, (with Prof Michael Hopkins), in Corporate Social Responsibility: A Sustainable Textbook for Modern Scholars, Greenleaf (2016)
- Sustainable Businesses of the Future, SEA Award, Vienna, Austria (2016)
- The CSR case for universities – rationale and evidence, Guildhall School of Business & Law Research Conference (2015)
- Today’s Students – Tomorrow’s Leaders! Exploring the Role of Servant Leadership in Higher Education, 5th Annual LSBM Teaching & Learning Conference, London School of Business and Management (2015)
- I am a student, Get me out of here! Higher Education on the Move: New Ways of Learning & Teaching, 12th annual London Met Learning & Teaching Conference (2015)
- A Bank Up the Student's Street, Learning & Teaching Conference, London Metropolitan University (2014)
- Entries within the Dictionary of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer (2014)
- Polygonal Hope: Migrant mothers in Higher Education, Borders and Bordering Seminar Series, Effect, Borders and Bordering, CMRB (The Centre for Research on Migration, Refugees, and Belonging), University of East London (2014)
- Do Migrant Student Mothers Care? International conference: Migrant mothers caring for the future: creative interventions in making new citizens, LSBU-Southwark Campus-Clarence Centre for Enterprise and Innovation, London (2014)
- Degree of Hope: Navigating Motherhood and Migration in a Post-1992 Business School, The Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Conference, University of Edinburgh (2013)
- Analysis of Qualitative Data, Research Seminar, Institute of Policy Studies in Education (IPSE), London Metropolitan University (2013)
- Exxon Mobil, Organization entry, Encyclopaedia of Corporate Social Responsibility (2013)
- A case study of a Corporate Employer and a Post-1992 University, (with Mr Dermot Obrien) ASET The Placement and Employability Professionals' Conference, Chester University (2012)
- Engagement and Progression Through Dialogue and Support – the role of the Personal Academic Adviser, National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), Connecticut, USA (2012)
- Examination of the Role of the Personal Academic Adviser in a Post-1992 UK University, Learning and Teaching Conference, London Metropolitan University, London (2011)
- The Experiences of Student Parents in Higher Education, Learning and Teaching Conference, London Metropolitan University, London (2010)
Course Leader and Senior Lecturer in Banking and Finance