Role (including course specific responsibilities)
- Senior lecturer: Early Years/Primary PGCE
- Responsible for teaching and learning on the Early Years /Primary PGCE course.
- Additional responsibilities for Mathematics and Humanities across the Early Years /Primary phase.
- Further responsibilities include tutoring students and giving supportive guidance in all aspects of school placements as well as academic assignments.
- Further contributions include teaching on the Early Years Teaching course
- BA (Hons) Journalism, University of the Arts
A product of the London Met PGCE programme where Richard was a mature student. In the role of primary school teacher, Richard had a comprehensive range of experiences that included responsibilities in the role of co-ordinator for mathematics and religious education, student supervisor, visual communication and deputy head. Richard is a firm believer in the London Met's aims of producing creative, dynamic, critically reflective student teachers that are uniquely prepared to make a positive contribution to the education of children in London schools. Richard has developed an interest in critical thinking and his paper 'Learning to Transform or Teaching to Conform' has been published.
Senior Lecturer in Primary/Early Years PGCE