Dr Quan Dang
Academic leader and undergraduate recruitment coordinator
Dr Quan Dang
Quan Dang is the academic leader for Computer Science and holds a PhD in Computing, a PGCLTHE, and a BSc(Hons).
- MBCS - Professional Member of the British Computer Society
- FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- 10/2009 - 10/2012: External Examiner for BSc Computing Portfolio and MSc Applied Computing at the School of Applied Computing, Swansea Metropolitan University
- 9/2006 - 9/2010: External Examiner for BSc and MSc BIT courses at London South Bank University
Dr Quan Dang acts as the Schools' Undergraduate Recruitment Coordinator and the course leader for the Computer Science BSc. He is also the module leader for object-oriented design and programming and application development.
Consultancy and research
- Areas of interest: Object-Oriented Programming, Software Development Methods, and Computer Science Education
- 10/2010-9/2011: London Metropolitan University Teaching Fellowship Award's Project entitled "A Virtual Surgery to Support Learning Java Programming Modules".
- 4/2009-4/2010: Project partner in the "Open Educational Repository in Support of Computer Science" project, funded by the HEFCE/Academy/JISC Open Educational Resources Programme – Grant 14/08.
- 11/2009-7/2010: Awarded a grant from the HE Academy's Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences (HEA-ICS) Development Fund 2009-2010 for a project entitled "Further development and dissemination of objFusion – a web-based software environment to support effective teaching and learning of object oriented design based on collaborative modelling with traceability"
- 11/2008 – 7/2009: Awarded a grant from the HE Academy's Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences for a project entitled "Building a software environment for effective teaching and learning of object-oriented thinking based on collaborative modelling with traceability".
Room: T10-02, Tower Building
Phone: +44 (0)20 7133 4572