Mirsini loves combining theory with practice. She designs and delivers practical creative workshops such as model-making, props-making, hand-drawing, set design, material exploration and experimentation.
Dr Mirsini Trigoni
Dr Mirsini Trigoni is a senior lecturer for the Foundation programme at The Cass.
She holds a first-class undergraduate degree in Interior Design, Decoration and Product Design. She completed a MA degree in Art in Architecture and a PhD in Design, Branding and Visual Communication.
Mirsini is a Fellow at Higher Education Academy. Since 2009 she has been teaching on both undergraduate and postgraduate levels on design, design research, thinking and analysis, interior/retail design, window display design, design strategy, set design and styling, visual communication, fashion branding and media. She loves combining theory with practice. She designs and delivers practical creative workshops such as model-making, props-making, hand-drawing, set design, material exploration and experimentation.
Mirsini has successfully mentored students in order to participate in the National Window Design competition with Phaidon Press and Foyles bookshops, and had the pleasure of seeing her students winning prizes and installing their installation in the Foyles bookshop on Charring Cross Street.
Under the Erasmus scheme, Mirsini has taught in KEA (in Copenhagen), LCI – FD Moda (in Barcelona) and NABA (in Milan), working with international students and meeting fellow academics and experts in Design and Branding. She is also the Course Leader in Window Display Design at Victoria and Albert Museum (Learning Academy – short courses). She is also lecturing in the MA Fashion Retail Management at London College of Fashion. She has been part on international fashion jury panels in LCI – FD Moda on Fashion Degree final show and in Oioba’s design pattern competition for its latest collection.
- Varley, R. & Trigoni, M. (2019) Strategic Retail Management in Varley, R., Roncha, A., Radcyffe-Thomas, N. & Gee, L. (Eds) Fashion Management: a strategic approach (pp.195-211). Red Global Press
- Bethan, A. & Trigoni, M. (2018) Conjoint Creative Retail Spaces: Project-Based-Learning in Practice. Conference paper in the 4th International Colloquium on Design, Branding and Marketing. Hasselt University, Belgium
- Trigoni, M., Roncha, A., Radcyffe-Thomas, N. & Cigdem Gogus (2018) #TFW Gucci Rich PPL Memes: Innovation in Digital Fashion Marketing. Conference paper in the 1st Fashion Marketing Consumption and Discourse Colloquium, Regent’s University, UK
- Trigoni, M. (2016) Visual Research Methodologies, Branding and Magazine Readerships, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, Vol. 20 Issue: 3
- Trigoni, M. (2015) Visual Text Analysis: A new way of looking and analysing images. Conference paper in the 4th International Visual Methods Conference. University of Brighton, UK
- Trigoni, M. (2014) Visual Research Methodologies, Branding and Magazine Readerships. Conference paper in the 2nd International Colloquium on Design, Branding and Marketing, Nottingham Trent University, UK
Second International Colloquium on Design, Branding and Marketing (December 2014). Mirsini received the award for best research conference paper.