Jennifer Jacoby is a senior lecturer in chemical and pharmaceutical sciences for the School of Human Sciences.
Jennifer Jacoby is a senior lecturer and a member of the sciences extended degree staff. She has qualifications in PGCert, FHEA, and MRSC.
Teaching and research interests
- BSc (Hons) Sciences Extended Degree - (Biology, Chemistry, Health, Psychology)
- Widening participation of a broad range of students from all backgrounds and increasing the accessibility of science in higher education.
- Development of a framework to encourage engagement of the preparatory year students.
- Promotion of practices to ensure all students have the best possible chance of succeeding in their studies.
- Alberto Contreras-Sanz, Toby S Scott-Ward, Hardyal S Gill, Jennifer Jacoby, Rebecca E Birch, James Malone-Lee, Kevin MG Taylor, Claire M Peppiatt-Wildman, Scott S P Wildman (in press) Simultaneous quantification of twelve different nucleotides and nucleosides released from renal epithelium, and in human urine samples, using an ion-pair reversed-phase HPLC, Purinergic Signalling
- Jacoby JC, Heugh S, Bax C & Branford-White C Enhancing Formative Assessment through Online Approaches, Innovations in Education and Teaching International, in press.
- Jacoby JC (2011) E-learning on the biology modules of the Science Extended Degree, Staff Development, London Metropolitan University, oral presentation.
- Davies S, Bax CMR, Chatzaki E, Chard T and Iles K (2000). Regulation of endometrial cancer cell growth by luteinising hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). British Journal of Cancer, 83 (12); 1730-1734.
- Jacoby JC, Bax C & Branford-White C (2011) London Metropolitan University Learning and Teaching Conference, Addressing Student Diversity Within the Science Extended Degree, oral presentation.