Ian Lowden is a highly experienced consultant providing advice in the areas of operational and strategic development, economics, business planning and development, forecasting/market research and privatisation in aviation. Ian was a Director and Managing Officer of Route Development Group, owner of Routes. Prior to this he was a Vice President and Partner of SH&E aviation strategic consultants. He has also worked for British Caledonian Airways and British Aerospace.
Ian is leading the E-commerce module and lectures on Finance and Forecasting module on the MSc. For BSc he lectures in Commercial Strategy and Statistics. He is a visiting lecturer at the University of Westminster and has led training courses and workshops on behalf of private companies. His most recent presentation at Westminster was “Maximising airport revenue through the use of e-commerce”. He has chaired many conferences and made numerous conference presentations. He has previously run the 'One Week' MBA for Airlines with Professor Rigas Doganis.
- Airline Distribution Costs - Examination of direct versus indirect distribution costs for airlines Oct 24, 2017 ETTSA European Travel Technology Suppliers Association
- Lowden, Ian. Low Cost Airline Sector in the Asia-Pacific region (Part Three) Part 3: “The Way Ahead” Jul 1, 2017 Asia Pacific Travel Research Association
- ICAO ESTDR Essential Service and Tourism Development Route scheme (ESTDR). Mar 23, 2016 Air Transport in Remoter Regions, Routledge
- Low Cost Airline Sector in the Asia-Pacific region (Part Two) the ability of airlines to maximise on-board sales, Aug 1, 2012 Asia Pacific Travel Retail Association (APTRA)
- Low Cost Airline Sector in the Asia-Pacific region (part one) PART 1 ‘EVOLUTION, REVOLUTION OR TRANSFORMATION’, Jun 1, 2012 Asia Pacific Travel Retail Association
- ICAO Tourism Route Development Scheme, Jan 1, 2010 Air Transport in Remoter Regions / Ashgate edited George Williams and Svein Brathen, ICAO Tourism Route Development
- 2009 edition of The Airport Commercial Revenues Study, Moodie Report and RDG Solutions, Sep 16, 2009 publication Moodie International
- New Challenges in Airport Business, Aug 1, 2009 publication descriptionHenry Stewart Talks TOPICS COVERED IN NEW CHALLENGES IN AIRPORT BUSINESS
- eAirports Exploring Terra Nova, Oct 1, 2008 publication descriptionRoutes News / Insight Media
- Jet Setters, Sep 1, 2007, Routes News / Insight Media, Jet Setter: Analysis of long range twins market impact
- Commercially Driven, Jun 1, 2007 Routes News / Insight Media, Commercially driven The low-cost market has pushed traffic figures through the roof, but as airport charges drop, Ian Lowden explains why gateways are having to tap into new revenue streams.
- Cheap and Cheerful, 1, 1997 Management Today, With the simple, no frills philosophy that if you reduce the price more people will fly
Lowden, Ian J., 'Pushy Upstarts,' Oct 1, 1996 Emerging low cost airlines increasing share at expense of legacy carriers
- E-commerce to Develop Airport Revenue, ACI Europe Retail, Ljubljana, 2012
- Industry Challenges for the Regulator, ICAO World Conference, Airport Opportunities, 2003
- Commercial Revenue Development Conference (Moderator), Routes Asia, 2009
- Developing Opportunities for International Aviation Business and Airport City around Doncaster- Sheffield (Robin Hood) Airport, Sep 1, 2008, Presentation to Routes Kuala Lumpur 2008 with DTZ
- World Airport Forecasts, IATA Prague 2001