Dr Dimple Radia
Senior lecturer, Human Nutrition and Dietetics
Dr Dimple Radia
Dimple Radia is a senior lecturer in Human Nutrition and Dietetics in the School of Human Sciences.
Teaching and research interests
- development of references for body composition in UK children
- children's body fatness in regional and ethnic subgroups in the UK
- markers of upper body fatness in children
- use of bioelectrical impedance for assessing upper body fatness
- Navti, LK, Samani-Radia, D and McCarthy, HD (2014) ‘Children’s body fatness and prevalence of obesity in relation to height for age. Annals of Human Biology, 41(1), pp. 84-90.
- McCarthy, HD and Samani-Radia, D (2013) Children’s waist circumference percentiles equating to adult cut-offs at age 18 years. Obesity Facts, 6 (suppl. 1),pp.143, 221.
- McCarthy, HD, Samani-Radia, D, Jebb, SA and Prentice, AM (2013) Skeletal muscle mass curves for children and adolescents. Pediatric Obesity [Online], DOI: 10.1111/j.2047-6310.2013.00168.x.
- Norton, D, Samani-Radia, D and Van Tonder, A (2011) Evaluation of the active8: the effectiveness of a joint dietetic and physiotherapy weight management group intervention in children and adolescents. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 24(3), pp. 297.
- Murdoch, M, Payne, N, Samani-Radia D, Rosen-Webb, J, Walker, L, Howe, M and Lewis, P (2011) Family based behavioural management of childhood obesity: Service evaluation of a group programme run in a community setting in the UK. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 65(6), pp. 764-767.
- Samani-Radia, D, and HD McCarthy (2011) Comparison of children’s body fatness between two socioeconomic groups: contribution of height difference. International Journal of Obesity, 35, pp.128-133.
- McCarthy, HD, Navti, L and Samani-Radia, D (2010) Early-for-age height attainment is associated with higher body fat levels and a more abdominal distribution of body fat in children. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 69, pp. E423.
- McCarthy, HD and Samani-Radia, D (2010) Greater total fatness and abdominal distribution of body fat in taller versus shorter overweight and obese Caucasian children. Cardio MetabolicRisk ejournal, 3(1), pp. 49.
- Samani-Radia, D and McCarthy, HD (2010) Influence of different body mass index classification systems on ethnic-specific variation in prevalence of overweight and obesity. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 69. pp. E121.
- Samani-Radia, D and McCarthy, HD (2010) The new UK Body Fat References expose the overfat children classified as normal weight the Body Mass Index. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 69, pp. E120.
- Samani-Radia, D and McCarthy, HD (2008) Influence of socioeconomic status on upper body fatness and abdominal obesity in children. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 67, pp. E301.
- Samani, D, Prosser, L, Alston, C and McCarthy, HD (2007) Ethnicity-related variation in upper body fatness in East London schoolchildren. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 66, pp. 25A.
- Samani D, T Anwar, T and McCarthy, HD (2006) Comparisons of body-weight status in British Bangladeshi and Indian children residing in London. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 65, pp. 43A.
- Samani D, O’Callaghan, S and McCarthy, HD (2006) What is the best measure of fatness during a weight management programme in obese children? Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 65, pp. 43A.
- Samani, D, Hawdon, D and McCarthy, HD (2005) Prevalence of overweight and obesity in Afro-Caribbean schoolchildren in West London. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 64, pp. 57A.
Contact Dimple Radia