David Price is a practicing artist and educator based in Margate. He studied painting at Edinburgh College of Art and went on to a master's degree in Fine Art at The University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. He moved to London in 2000 and after a brief period working set up an artist run studio in Bethnal Green in that same year.
He attended the Royal College of Art in 2007-2009 for a further MA in Printmaking. Following this he was Print Fellow at the Royal Academy between 2009 and 2011.
David Price has taught in various art institutions over the past 20 years, including Tate Modern, Arts University Bournemouth, The Royal Academy, and The Cass at London Met University. He has a PGCE from London Institute of Education – where he specialised in further and higher education directives. His principal teaching interests are in painting and drawing, and in printmaking.
David is currently working on a solo exhibition of paintings, prints and ceramics.
- 2018 Year One, Frestonian Gallery, London
- 2017 The Luminous Language Frestonian Gallery, London
- 2017 Limbo Studioholders, Limbo, Margate
- 2016 Dreamland, Art First London
- 2012 The Close of the Silver Age, Art First, London
- 2011 The Green Fuse, Art First, London
- 2010 Horror Vacui, Alma Enterprises, London