Anna has over 25 years of academic experience developing MSc and Professional Doctoral courses. She is also a Registered Health Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who works in the public, private and charitable sectors on physical and mental health issues.
Her research has focused on chronic disease prevention and management with a special focus on associated mental health characteristics. She specialises in professional healthcare training within Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Behaviour Change Techniques and adherence to medication.
Dr Anna Baker
Anna has worked across the health psychology portfolio at London Met for the past 20 years with a special focus on integrating Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills. She has taught specific topics in CBT, including emotional and complex disorders, as well as specific cognitive and behavioural techniques (eg motivational interviewing, ACT, cognitive restructuring, case formulation etc)
- Baker A, King D, Marsh J, Makin A, Carr A, Davis C, Kirby C. Understanding the physical and emotional impact of early-stage ADPKD: experiences and perspectives of patients and physicians. Clin Kidney J. 2015 Oct; 8(5):531-7
- Vangeli E, Bakhshi S, Baker A, Fisher A, Bucknor D, Mrowietz U, Östör AJ, Peyrin-Biroulet L, Lacerda AP, Weinman J. A Systematic Review of Factors Associated with Non-Adherence to Treatment for Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Diseases. Adv Ther. 2015 Nov;32(11):983-1028
- Carr A, Makin A, Baker A. Do we under-estimate the physical and emotional impact of early stage ADPKD? Evidence for a discrepancy between patient experience and physician perceptions. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2014; 29: iii75–iii76
- Bakhshi, S. and Baker, A (2011) ‘I think a fair girl would have better marriage prospects than a dark one’: British Indian adults’ perceptions of physical appearance ideals. European Journal of Psychology. Volume 7, No
- Rees, G; Bakhshi, S., Surujal-Harry, A., Stasinopoulos, M; and Baker A . A computerised tailored intervention for increasing fruit, vegetables and wholegrain bread and wholegrain cereal intake in adolescent girls. Public Health Nutrition, 2010. Aug; 13(8):1271-8
- Bakhshi, S. and Baker, A. (2008). Investigating ethnic and age group differences in past and present dieting. PsyPAG Quarterly, 68, 7-15
- Troop, N and Baker, A. Food, body and soul: The role of disgust in eating disorders. 2008. In B.O. Olatunji & Dean McKay (Eds.) Disgust and its Disorders: Theory, Assessment, and Treatment
- Troop, N and Baker, A. The specificity of social rank in eating disorder versus depressive symptoms. Eating Disorders: The Journal of Treatment and Prevention. 2008
- Baker, A (2016) Coping with Chronic Disease and Treatment. The 17th Biennial Meeting of the European Society for Immunodeficiences (ESID), Barcelona.
- Baker, A (2015) Skipping pills, greater ills: how to reduce non-adherence in a digital world. Genesis Fringe Event. London Baker, A (2014) Addressing Adherence from the Patients Perspective. European RA Advocacy Meeting. Paris.
- Baker, A (2012) The solution to adherence to biologics: the literature versus current best practice The International Conference on Adherence to Biologics. Copenhagen
- Baker, A (2012) Behaviour change techniques in practice: “Motivational interviewing to explore unhelpful beliefs about medication and to motivate patients towards better medication adherence”. Patient Summit. Eye for Pharma. London.
- Baker, A (2012) The Motivation to Change. Eye for Pharma