Before applying, make sure you discuss your class choices with your academic advisers at home and ensure your chosen modules are approved for credit transfer. Here you'll find all you need to know about making an application, including fees and eligibility.
Please note, the Study Abroad programme is for non-EU applicants. If you're from the EU and want to study abroad at London Met, please see our Study in London programme.
If your university has a Study Abroad partnership with London Metropolitan University please contact your university's International Office for details of costs.
Undergraduate students applying independently
For students applying independently, the standard overseas undergraduate fee for 2017/18 is:
One semester: £5,700
Two semesters: £11,400
Postgraduate fees depend on which master's degree you wish to follow for each semester. Please email email@example.com with your area of interest. You must meet the standard course requirements.
To be eligible for the study abroad programme you should:
- be enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student at a recognised university or college
- be in at least your second year of study (or have completed at least one semester of postgraduate study)
- be in good academic standing with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 (out of 4.0) (if from the USA) or a minimum C grade average
Non-native English speakers should have one of the following Secure English Language Test (SELT) scores:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 overall with 5.5 minimum in each component
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) II exam level B2 (tests only available in the UK)
If English isn't your first language but you have achieved consistently high grades in English taught courses at university, it may not be necessary to have an additional English qualification. However, if you require a visa to enter the UK you will need to take an English test from one of the providers above, which are approved by the Home Office.
If you're an undergraduate student, you'll need to complete both of the following:
- Study Abroad application form
- Study Abroad Module Registration Form – you can find details about selecting your modules on our undergraduate module selection guidance pages
If you're a postgraduate student, you'll need to complete both of the following:
- postgraduate Study Abroad application form
- PG Study Abroad Module Registration Form – you can find details about selecting your modules on our postgraduate module selection guidance pages
These will need to be sent to the following address:
International Programmes Office
London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
You will need to include the following with your application and module registration forms:
- a university academic transcript
- a copy of a bachelor's certificate (if applying for postgraduate study)
- a copy of your passport details page
- one colour passport photo
- proof of English language ability (if applicable)
Your application will not be processed without all of the required documentation, including the module form (signed by an adviser) and academic reference. Please make sure you write your date of birth correctly, ie day/month/year not month/day/year.
Autumn semester or full academic year: 15 June
Spring semester: 15 November
We'll email you to confirm your application has been received. Once an admissions decision has been made, we'll email you with the result of your application and programme information. Meanwhile, please take a look at our visa requirements and other pre-departure information.