Hong Kong

Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the course specification page, please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application. 

Academic Entry Requirements

Entry to:



International Foundation Programme

A completed Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE). 

120 UCAS points.


A completed Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE). 

200-280 UCAS points

(Please refer to course information pages for course UCAS point entry requirement).


Extended Degree Programme

(4 years)

Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements listed for Undergraduate entry may be considered for an available or appropriate Extended Degree Programme.


A completed Bachelor's Degree from a recognised institution.

Minimum classification of 2:2 or above.

Pre-Master's (1 semester Graduate Certificate)

Students who possess qualifications that are not directly related to their Master's course of choice may be considered for an available or appropriate Pre-Master's course (1 semester conversion course).

English and Mathematics requirements


(If applicable to course) 

A pass in Mathematics on the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE). 

Grade 2 or above.


NON-EEA nationals (requiring a Tier 4 student Visa) must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) qualification to qualifiy for entry, such as Academic IELTS / Pearson PTE Academic.

See HERE to find the English language requirements for all courses.

NARIC and accreditation

UK NARIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study, and who are applying through the UK’s points based system for immigration. Please see this link for Statements of Comparability from NARIC. 



Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you are able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.



Application links and aids

Find out more about London Met and our students

Register your interest

Complete our online enquiry form to receive news and information straight to your email.

Contact us for more information

Any questions? Contact us to find out further information.


Find out about any relevant funding that you may be entitled to.

Meet our students

Meet our students from around the world.