Please note: This information is provided as a guide only. Some courses may have specialised entry requirements that are listed on the course specification page, please check for any additional subject/course specific requirements before submitting your application. 

Academic entry requirements

Entry to:

International Foundation Programme Maturita or Vysvedcenie o Maturitnej Skuske (An aggregate score of ‘4’ = dostatocny = satisfactory)
Undergraduate Maturita or Vysvedcenie o Maturitnej Skuske (An aggregate score of 1-3)
Extended degree (four years) Students who fall slightly below the standard requirements listed for undergraduate entry may be considered for an available or appropriate extended degree programme.
Postgraduate Before 2002/3:  Bakalar or Magister degree with a grade of vel’ mi dobry’ (very good) or viborny (excellent)
From 2003/4: Bakalar or Magister or the Bachelor degree with grades of ‘A’=1  or ‘B’=1.5 or ‘C’=2.5
Pre-master's (one semester Graduate Certificate) Students who have qualifications that are not directly related to their master's course of choice may be considered for an available or appropriate pre-master's course (one semester conversion course).

English and mathematics requirements

Mathematics (if applicable to course)  A minimum of grade 3 (dobry/good) in the final year
English Non-EEA nationals (requiring a Tier 4 student visa) must provide a Secured English Language Test (SELT) qualification to qualifiy for entry, such as Academic IELTS/Pearson PTE Academic.

NARIC and accreditation

UK NARIC offers a variety of services on the comparability of qualifications from overseas. These services have been designed to help migrants coming to the UK to work or study and who are applying through the UK’s points-based system for immigration. Please see the Statement of Comparability from NARIC

Providing your qualifications

Please be sure you are able to provide copies of official certificates of any qualifications you have taken when you make your application (please do not send us your original certificates). If any of your certificates or supporting documents (transcripts) are in a non-English language you will need to provide certified English translations alongside any official copies.

Search for undergraduate courses
Search for postgraduate courses

Application links and aids

Useful information

Register your interest

Complete our online enquiry form to receive news and information straight to your email.

Contact us for more information

Any questions? Contact us to find out further information.


Find out about any relevant funding that you may be entitled to.

Meet our students

Meet our students from around the world.