Graduate teacher apprenticeships
You may be interested in graduate teacher apprenticeships:
- Angel Islington Training Schools Alliance
- Viridis Federation of Schools
- Hackney Teaching Schools Alliance (Kingsmead Primary School)
- New Wave Teaching School Alliance (Grazebrook Primary School)
Potential applicants are required to be employed as an unqualified teacher on a full-time basis and paid according to the unqualified teacher (UQT) pay scale at point one or higher. You may be working with a school already, in which case it is possible that your school will be willing to arrange an apprenticeship training position for you. Alternatively, you can search for apprenticeships.
You must be a graduate and be able to meet all of the Initial Teacher Education (ITE) entry requirements:
- Grade C/4 or higher in Math, English Language and a Science (for Primary)
- Appropriate degree subject and grade (for Secondary)
- A pass in the Professional Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Undertake Fitness to Teach checks
Only UK and overseas students who are entitled to work and study in the UK or who hold a visa which covers the full training period are eligible to apply for the apprenticeship.
The training will occupy 20% of the apprentice’s teaching time, split between face-to-face training at the University and independent training tasks in the workplace.
You will receive an induction at the University. The course will then build on well-established and successful foundations by combining the expertise of our course tutors who are experienced classroom practitioners and teacher trainers; with a dynamic curriculum designed to cater to your needs as a teacher apprentice. You will be encouraged to reflect upon your own practice and to critically engage with current research, policy and pedagogy, leading to the PGCE award with 60 master’s Level credits and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).