More than 50% of our student cohort are mature students and we welcome the knowledge, experiences and maturity they bring to our University. Clearing isn't just about qualifications – it's about you as a person.
What is Clearing?
Clearing is an application process for people who want to go to university this year but haven't applied yet, or they've applied but are not holding any offers. It's also for those who have applied to another university but have decided they'd prefer to go elsewhere.
Find out everything you need to know about Clearing. If you want to proceed with an application, our Clearing team can help you do this. They are very helpful and friendly – and some of them are mature students themselves.
- Visit our Clearing pages. There is no obligation to commit to anything at this stage.
- Be prepared to talk about yourself – a few notes in front of you can help.
- Nervous? It's fine to be nervous.
- Have any qualifications with you as you'll be asked about them.
- Make sure you tell the Clearing team about your work experience. Sometimes relevant work experience (paid, unpaid or voluntary) can be as good as qualifications.
- Be patient – our phone lines are very busy at this time of year.
- Want to have a chat with someone first? Contact Marina, our Mature Learner Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have a look at the practical and pastoral support we can offer on our mature student pages.
- Ask questions. Lots of questions.
- Study something you love.
Call our Clearing hotline on 0800 032 4441 and study with us this autumn.