The School of Social Sciences and Professions demonstrates the relevance of social science as a tool for effecting societal change and focuses on employability and developing graduates for the world of work.
Encompassing the disciplines of criminology, policing, sociology, psychology, politics and international relations, as well as offering practice-based courses in education, early childhood, community development, health, social work and youth work, the School contributes to public debate on important issues.
- Being LGBTQI+ and minoritised within the LGBTQI+ communities:A series of studies on cross-sectional LGBTQI+ identities and lives
- Bodies at Borders_ an analysis of migration, state control and violence
- Development of reading comprehension amongst diverse students in HE
- Gulf South Asians in London: Mobility, Identity and Citizenship
- How to provide culturally sensitive services for minority ethnic dementia carers
- Multimorbidity among older adults in deprived neighbourhoods and the role for localised interventions
- Young peoples’ understanding of human rights, with reference to race equity
Please note, candidates may only apply for one project.
Please note that the deadline for submitting applications has now closed. If you wish to be notified when the applications open next, please stay in touch.