Financial support for students on four-year extended degrees (for students starting a course from the 2018-19 academic year)

If you choose to study one of London Met's extended degree courses starting in the 2018-19 academic year, you might be eligible for the following financial support:

  • a £1,000 bursary when you join us in Year 0 if you are receiving the full Maintenance Loan
  • a £1,000 progression award when you progress from Year 0 to Year 1

Eligibility criteria

  • You must enrol onto a four-year extended degree programme.
  • You are only eligible for the bursary if you are receiving the full Maintenance Loan and have a household income of £25,000 or less.
  • You must be a permanent resident in the UK and be a home student for fee purposes.
  • You must be new student and should not already hold a first degree or higher qualification.
  • Continued eligibility for bursary is dependent on a good attendance record (attending 75% or more of your classes).

The payments for each award are made in three equal instalments (in October, February and May for students who started their course in September, and in February, April and June for students who started their course in January). 

If you start your course in September you need to meet your eligibility criteria by the last Friday of March in the following calendar year. If you start your course in January you need to meet all eligibility criteria by the last Friday of July in the same calendar year. The deadline for all assessments is 31 May.

If you decide to study part-time, your bursaries and fees will be based on a pro-rata calculation.

You may also be eligible for the Care Leaver Bursary, as well as a range of other grants and loans.

Restrictions and exemptions

  • See eligibility criteria above.

How to apply

Once you have enrolled with us, we will send you information on how to claim your bursary. 

Male student taking notes from a book

At a glance

Maximum value: £2,000
Open to: Cash bursary: UK students
Progression award: UK and EU students
Studying at level: Undergraduate
The information on this page applies to students starting courses in these academic years (as indicated):