We can help you to recruit students and graduates to work for your company. With around 10,000 students, London Metropolitan University gives employers access to students from a wide range of backgrounds and subject areas.
How can the University help businesses recruit students?
We offer a free service for employers looking to recruit students for a range of different opportunities including:
- part-time work
- vacation work
- internships and accredited work placements
- graduate roles
- promote your opportunities to students and graduates (for example via our website, one-to-one guidance, email, academic contacts, social media or poster campaigns)
- support you to ensure that information about your vacancy is accurate and compliant with employment legislation
- work with students to make sure they are as well prepared as possible for the world of work
To advertise any vacancies, you can register on our MyCareer website or complete the form below and a member of the team will get back to you.
How can businesses benefit from London Met's Work Based Learning (WBL) programmes?
We have a talented pool of students with diverse skills who undertake Work Based Learning modules as part of their studies. They can support the work of your company through:
- long or short placements and internships: students can work part-time, flexible hours or full-time to suit your needs
- projects: a student or team of students may work on a project to benefit your organisation; the student(s) may be located on campus or co-located between the organisation and the University – supervision is provided by the University but you will be involved in reviewing progress and deliverables
- volunteering: we can help organisations in the not-for-profit sector recruit volunteers
All that we ask is that the student has a supervisor or line manager who will be prepared to liaise with London Met and give feedback on the student's progress email email@example.com.
How else can employers get involved?
We welcome employers who wish to visit the University and meet the students face to face. We create opportunities for engagement with students throughout the academic year with events including:
- part-time jobs fairs
- employability conferences
- employer presentations and workshops
- pop-up events
- interviews on campus
- networking events
- becoming a mentor on our five month career mentoring programme
Take action now
To request a call from our Employer Engagement Team to discuss your needs, please complete the form below. You can also contact us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What employers say
"I was overwhelmed by the results. Having given the students a brief to provide me with a prototype website, I can say without hesitation that the final product would satisfy any commercial interest."
"The presentation was as professional as any client would expect and I hope the team will now approach the future with greater confidence."
"The work done by Som will be of great benefit to our organisational effectiveness in developing what is growing to be very highly valued service to young people in the local community."