Dr Yoeju Min
- lipids and foetal and neonatal development
- polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism and foetal health in diabetic pregnancy
- membrane lipids and cell function
- membrane lipid abnormality in diabetic pregnancy – implications for fetal development
- essential fatty acid supplementation in diabetic pregnancy and prevention of the genesis of diabetic risk factors in their foetus
- dietary docosahexaenoic acid and cognitive function in Omani school children
- placental fatty acid metabolism in pregnancy complicated with diabetes
|Phylax||£30,000||2014||Nutrition in pregnancy complicated with diabetes|
|Vifor International||£35,000||2013||Delta-6 & 5 desaturase activities in diabetic pregnancy|
|Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries Wealth, Sultanate of Oman||£192,830||2012-2014||The impact of fish and fish oil capsule intake on omega-3 fatty acid status, health and cognitive function of Omani school children of 9-10 years old living in Muscat.|
|Sir Halley Stewart Trust||£27,207||2011-2012||Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on prevention of obesegenic factors in offspring of diabetic women|
|Vifor AG – OM Pharma||£12,500||2011||Effect of omega-3 fatty acids on prevention of obesegenic factors in offspring of diabetic women|
|The Foyle Foundation||£50,000||2005-2007||Essential fatty acid supplementation in diabetic pregnancy to prevent the genesis of diabetic risk factors in their foetus|
- Al-Ghannami SS, Al-Adawi S, Ghebremeskel K, Cramer MT, Hussein I, Min Y, Jeyaseelan L, Al-Sibani N, Al-Shammakhi S, Al-Mamary F, Dorvlo ASS (2018) Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and parental factors in school children aged nine to ten years in urban regions of Oman. Oman Med J 33(3):134-140.
- Al-Ghannami SS, Al-Adawi S, Ghebremeskel K, Hussein IS, Min Y, Jeyaseelan L, Al-Shammakhi SM, Mabry RM, Al-Oufi HS (2018) Randomised open-label trial of docosahexaenoic acid -enriched fish oil and fish meal on cognitive and behavioural functioning in Omani children. Nutrition doi: 10.1016/j.nutr.2018.04.008.
- Mariniello K, Min Y, Ghebremeskel K (2018) Phosphorylation of protein kinase B, the key enzyme in insulin signalling cascade, is enhanced in linoleic and arachidonic acid treated HT29 and HepG2 cells. Nutrition (In press)
- Delextrat A, Hayes LD, Al-Ghannami SS, Min Y, Hussein I, Al Oufi H, Cohen DD, Ghebremeskel K (2018) Physical fitness characteristics of Omani primary school children according to body mass index. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. doi: 10.23736/S0022-4707.18.08136-7.
- Min Y, Djahanbakhch O, Hutchinson J, Eram S, Bhullar AS, Namugere I, Ghebremeskel J (2016) Efficacy of docosahexaenoic acid-enriched formula to enhance maternal and fetal blood docosahexaenoic acid levels: randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled trial of pregnant women with gestational diabetes mellitus. Clin Nutr 35(3):608-614.
- Al-Ghannami AA, Sedlak E, Hussein IS, Min Y, Al-Shmmkhi SM, Al-Oufi HS, Al-Mazroui A, Ghebremeskel K (2016) Lipid-soluble nutrient status of healthy Omani school children before and after intervention with oily fish meal or re-esterified triglyceride fish oil. Nutrition 32(1): 73-78.
- Min Y, Djahanbakhch O, Hutchinson J, Bhullar AS, Raveendran M, Hallot A, Eram S, Namugere I, Nateghian S, Ghebremeskel K (2014) Effect of docosahexaenoic acid-enriched fish oil supplementation in pregnant women with Type 2 diabetes on membrane fatty acids and fetal body composition-double-blinded randomized placebo-controlled trial. Diabet Med. 31(11):1331-1340.
- Min Y, Blois A, Geppert J, Khalil F, Ghebremeskel K, Holmsen H (2014) Dietary fat intake, circulating and membrane fatty acids composition of healthy Norwegian men and women. J Hum Diet Nutr 27(1): 69-75.
- Nyuar KB, Min Y, Mohammed MDA, Abukashawa SMA, Daak AA, Ghebremeskel K (2013) Regular consumption of Nile river fish could ameliorate the low milk DHA of Southern Sudanese women living in Khartoum City area. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 89(2-3):65-69.
- Hussein IS, Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Gaffar AM (2012) Iodine status and fish intake of Sudanese school children living in Red Sea and White Nile region. Public Health Nutr 4:1-7.
- Min Y, Lowy C, Islam S, Khan FS, Swaminathan R (2011) Relationship between red cell membrane fatty acids and adipokines in individuals with varying insulin sensitivity. Eur J Clin Nutr 1-6.
- Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Geppert J, Khalil F (2010) Effect of storage temperature and length on fatty acid composition of fingertip blood collected on filter paper. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 84(1-2): 13-18.
- Al-Sinani M, Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Qazaq HS (2010) Effectiveness of and adherence to dietary and lifestyle counselling on metabolic control in type 2 diabetic Omani patients. Sultan Qaboos Uni Med J 10(3): 61-69.
- Nyuar KB, Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Khalil AKH, Elbashir MI, Crawford MA (2010) Milk of northern Sudanese mothers whose traditional diet is high in carbohydrate contains low docosahexaenoic acid. Acta Paediatrica 99(12): 1824-1827.
- Geppert J, Min Y, Neville M, Lowy C, Ghebremeskel K (2009) Gender specific fatty acid profiles in platelet phosphatidyl-choline and -ethanolamine. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 82(1):51-56.
- Min Y, Nam JH, Ghebremeskel K, Kim A, Crawford M (2006) A distinctive fatty acid profile in circulating lipids of Korean gestational diabetics: A pilot study. Diab Res Clin Pract 73:178-183.
- Min Y, Lowy C, Ghebremeskel K, Thomas B, Offley-Shore B, Crawford M (2005) Unfavourable effect of type 1 and type 2 diabetes on maternal and fetal essential fatty acid status: a potential marker of fetal insulin resistance. Am J Clin Nutr 82: 1162-1168.
- Min Y, Lowy C, Ghebremeskel K, Thomas B, Bitsanis D, Crawford MA (2005) Fetal erythrocyte membrane lipids modification: Preliminary observation of an early sign of compromised insulin sensitivity in the offspring of gestational diabetics. Diab Med 22:914-920.
- Ghebremeskel K, Thomas B, Lowy C, Min Y, Crawford MA (2004) Type 1 diabetes compromises plasma arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids in newborn babies. Lipids 39(4):335-342.
- Thomas B, Ghebremeskel K, Lowy C, Min Y, Crawford MA (2004) Plasma AA and DHA levels are not compromised in newly diagnosed gestational diabetic women. Eur J Clin Nutr 58:1492-1497.
- Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Lowy C, Thomas B, Crawford MA (2004) Adverse effect of obesity on red cell membrane arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids in gestational diabetes. Diabetologia 47(1): 75-81
- Crawford MA, Golfetto I, Ghebremeskel K, Min Y, Moodley T, Poston L, Phylactos A, Cunnane S, Schmidt W (2003) The potential role for arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids in protection against some central nervous system injuries in preterm infants. Lipids 38(4): 303-315.
- Golfetto I, Min Y, Wang Y, Ghebremeskel K and Crawford MA (2001) Serum cholesterol and haemorrhagic stroke. Lancet (Letter) 358:508.
- Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Crawford MA, Nam JH, Kim A, Lee IS and Suzuki H (2001) Maternal-fetal n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty gradient in plasma and red cell phospholipids. Internat J Vit Nutr Res 71(5):286-292.
- Min Y, Ghebremeskel K, Crawford MA, Nam JH, Kim A, Koo JN and Suzuki H (2000) Pregnancy reduces arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids in plasma triacylglycerols of Korean women. Internat J Vit Nutr Res 70(2): 70-75.
- Ghebremeskel K, Min Y, Crawford MA, Nam JH, Kim A and Koo JN (2000) Blood fatty acid composition of pregnant and non-pregnant Korean women: Red cells act as a reservoir of arachidonic acid and docosahexaenoic acid for utilisation by the developing fetus. Lipids 35: 567-574.
- Ghebremeskel K, Crawford MA, Lowy C, Min Y, Thomas B, Bitsanis D, Golfetto I and Costeloe K (2000) Arachidonic and docosahexaenoic acids are strongly associated in maternal and neonatal blood. Eur J Clin Nutr 54: 50-56.
- Ghebremeskel K, Min Y, Thomas B, Crawford M (2006) Chapter 91. The role of essential fatty acids and antioxidants in neurovascular development and complications of prematurity. pp993-1000, In: Text book of Perinatal Medicine. Ed. Kurjak A, Parthenon Publishing.
- Min Y, Crawford M (2004) Chapter 22. Essential fatty acids. In: The Eicosanoids, Ed. Peter Curtis-Prior, John Wiley and Sons Ltd. p257-265.
- Ghebremeskel K, Thomas B, Min Y, Stacey F, Koukkou E, Lowy C, Erskine K, Crawford MA and Offley-Shore B (1999) Fatty acids in pregnant diabetic women and neonates: implications for growth and development. In: Essential Fatty Acids and Eicosanoids, (Eds. Riemersma R, Armstrong R, Kelly R and Wilson R), Chapter 23:104-107.
PhD, Senior Research Fellow