Head of Early Childhood, Education and Society
Vicky has worked at London Metropolitan University since 2010 and is the principal lecturer in early childhood studies. Her current role is the head of early childhood, education and society where she has overall responsibility for the undergraduate provision within early childhood.
Prior to joining the team at London Metropolitan University, her time in the sector mainly focused on working with vulnerable children and families particularly children with SEN and children in need or at risk. She spent five years teaching in FE, the roles she had included: curriculum manager for Foundation Degree in Early Years, and area head where she had overall responsibility for childcare, health and social care, youth work and counselling.
- MA Education (London Metropolitan University 2009-2012)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (London Metropolitan University 2010-2012)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Post Compulsory Education (University of Greenwich 2006-2008)
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (University of East London 2002-2004)
- Advanced Diploma in Childcare (2000-2002)
- NNEB Diploma in Childcare (Redbridge College 1995-1997)
Mukherji P and Mummery V, (2014)
Working in Partnership with Parents in Early Childhood Settings, in Mukherji P and Dryden L (eds)
Foundations of Early Childhood Principles and Practice, London, Sage
Becoming an Early Years Teacher: From Birth to Five Years (2014)
Head of Early Childhood Studies, Education and Society