Dr Vassil Vassilev
Dr Vassil Vassilev is a senior lecturer and completed a PhD in Computer Science and a MSc in Automatic Control. He has professional affiliations with the British Computer Society and has knowledge transfer partnerships with Underscore plc, New Brand Vision, and Rockfig.
Professional training courses
- Java Enterprise Development - Oracle University UK, 2013
- Java Technologies - Sun Educational Services UK, 2002
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design – Learning Tree International, 2002
- Database Administration – Oracle EMEA, 1999
Dr. Vassilev has research interests in semantic web, intelligent technologies, web services, system integration, and distributed systems. Research projects include linguistic services for the semantic web and security of mobile banking.
Publications since 2008
- OntoCarer: An Ontological Framework for Assistive Agents for the Disabled. In: Proc. Third International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC), Dubai, UAE (2013).
- Mapping Space Project Management Application to Semantic Web Using Jena Adapter for Oracle. In: 8th International Workshop on Semantic Web Enabled Software Engineering (SWESE), Nara, Japan (2013).
- Algorithms for mapping RDB Schema to RDF for Facilitating Access to Deep Web. In: The First International Conference on Building and Exploring Web Based Environments (WEB), Seville, Spain (2013).
- Defence in-depth for Cyber Security With Custom Anti-Virus Signature Definition. In: Proc. Third International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC), Dubai, UAE (2013).
Room: T10-03 Tower Building
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7133 3693