Sheelagh Heugh is a principal lecturer in Biomedical Sciences, a cluster group leader for Biomedical Science, and a course leader for BSc Biomedical Science and MSc Blood Science. She holds the following qualifications: BSc, PGCE, MSc, and FIBMS.
- Haematology and Transfusion Science
- Medical Microbiology
- Clinical Biochemistry and Cellular Pathology
- PsyNaps project enhancing Learning and Memory Recall for students. Assessing the alteration of biochemical stress markers in participants undergoing these intervention methods.
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Science
- Member of the British Blood Transfusion Society
- Patron of Medical School Hypnosis Association.
External examiner and validation roles
- FD Biomedical Science, University of Greenwich
- MSc Blood Science, University of Keele
- MSc Transfusion, Transplantation and Tissue Banking (academic representative for IBMS)
External examiner for
- BSc/FD/MSc Biomedical Science courses, University of Greenwich
- BSc Biomedical Science, University of Westminster
- Pursuing a Professional Doctorate in Biomedical Sciences
- investigating the impact of blended learning techniques on student performance and satisfaction.
- Writing a chapter on haemostatic disease.
- Development of novel e-learning teaching tools for biomedical science.
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
- MSc Blood Science
- Erythrocyte stability and activity at 0°C, erythrocyte microparticle evaluation and investigation of potential physiological role.
- E-learning and blended learning tools in the enhancement of student experience and outcomes.
- Red cell PMVs, plasma membrane-derived vesicles calling out for standards Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Volume 399, Issue 4, 3 September 2010, Pages 465-469
- Elliott Hind, Sheelagh Heugh, Ephraim A. Ansa-Addo, Samuel Antwi-Baffour, Sigrun Lange, Jameel Inal Enhancing Formative Assessment through Online Approaches, Innovations in Education and Teaching International, in press. Jacoby J C, Heugh S, Bax C & Branford-White C.