Samuel O. Idowu
Samuel is a senior lecturer in accounting at the Business School. He researches in the fields of corporate social responsibility (CSR), corporate governance, ethics and accounting. He has led several edited books in CSR and is the editor-in-chief of two Springer’s reference books; Encyclopaedia of Corporate Social Responsibility and Dictionary of Corporate Social Responsibility. Samuel is the First Vice President, Deputy CEO and Director of publications of the Global Corporate Governance Institute – a research network of scholars from around the world with its headquarters in New Orleans, USA. Samuel is also a Co-Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility and is on the Editorial Boards of the International Journal of Business Administration and Amfiteatru Economic Journal. One of his books won the American Library Association's (ALA) Most outstanding Business Reference books in 2016.
Samuel is a series editor for Springer’s CSR, Sustainability, Ethics and Governance books. One of his edited books was ranked 18th in 2010 Top 40 Sustainability Books by Cambridge University, Sustainability Leadership Programme. He is also on the editorial boards of International Business Management Journal and Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal.
- Idowu, S O and Sitnikov, C S (Eds.) ISO26000- A Standardised View of CSR: Practices, Cases and Facts (forthcoming)
- Idowu, S O, Sitnikov, C, Simion, D, and Bocean, G (Eds.) Current issues in Corporate Social Responsibility, (in press)
- Idowu, S O, Diaz Diaz, B and Molynuex, P Corporate Governance in Banking and Financial Services, (in press)
- Idowu, S O and Cheruiyot, T K, Sustainable Development in Africa, (forthcoming)
- Idowu, S O and Del Baldo, M Integrated Reporting, (forthcoming)
- Idowu, S O, Vertigans, S and Schipoiu Burlea, A (Eds.) Corporate Social Responsibility in Challenging Times
- Aluchna, M and Idowu, S O (Eds.) Responsible Corporate Governance
- Vertigans, S and Idowu, S O (Eds.) Corporate Social Responsibility: Academic Impacts and Insights
- Idowu, S O and Vertigans, S (Eds.) Stages of Corporate Social Responsibility: From Ideas to Impacts,
- Capaldi, N, Idowu, S O and Schmidpeter, R, (eds.) Dimensional Corporate Governance: An Inclusive Approach
- Aluchna, M and Idowu, S O (Eds.), Dynamics of Corporate Social Responsibility,
- Turker, D, Altuntas, C and Idowu, S O (Eds.) Social Responsibility Education in Europe.
- Vertigans, S, Idowu, S O and Schmidpeter, R (Eds.), Corporate Social Responsibility in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Idowu, S O (Ed.), Key Initiatives in Corporate Social Responsibility: Global Dimension of CSR in Corporate Entities.
- Rahim, M M and Idowu, S O (Eds.), Social Audit Regulation.
- Idowu, S O, Schmidpeter, R and Fifka, M S (Eds.) Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe: United in Sustainable Diversity.
- Idowu, S O, Frederiksen, C S, Yuksel Mermod, A and Nielsen M (Eds.) Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance: Practice and Experience,
- Idowu, S O, Low, P C, and Ang, (Eds.) S Corporate Social Responsibility in Asia: Practice & Experience
- Idowu, S O, Capaldi, N, Schmidpeter, R, Zu, L. and Fifka, M, (Eds.) Dictionary of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer.
- Idowu, S O, Kasum, A, Yuksel Mermod, A (Eds.), People, Planet & Profit: Socio-economic Development Perspectives of Corporate Social Responsibility, Gower
- Okpara, J O & Idowu, S O (Eds.) Corporate Social Responsibility: Challenges, Opportunities, and Strategies for 21st Century Leaders, Springer
- Yuksel Mermod, A and Idowu, S O (Eds.) Corporate Social Responsibility in the Global Business World, Springer, Heidelberg.
- Idowu, S O, Capaldi, N, Zu, L and Das Gupta, A (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Corporate Social Responsibility, Volumes 1 – 4, Springer, New York
Senior Lecturer Accounting and Finance