Rossana Perez-Del-Aguila joined London Metropolitan University in 2010. She is a senior lecturer in education studies, and Course Leader for the Education MA and the Doctorate in Education. She teaches and supervises students’ dissertations and theses across the education studies subject area at BA, MA and doctoral level. She acts as an internal examiner and independent chair in doctoral examinations. She is the representative of the School of Social Professions on the University Research Ethics Review Panel (RERP). She is member of the Jean Monnet CiCe Research Student Conference Committee.
Rossana was involved in the first stage of the Universitaria European project – led by the Romanian University. The aim of the project was to provide educational training on teaching and research to Romanian academics. Her professional experience covers three areas of work: research, management and teaching in higher education. Before joining London Metropolitan University, Rossana worked as External Research/Evaluator of the Peer Assisted Learning Programme (PAL) at the University of the West of England. Between 2004 and 2014 she worked part-time at the Open University (OU) as an educational consultant, Senior Faculty Manager of Social Sciences, and Associate Lecturer in the Faculty of Education and Language Studies (Modules taught: ‘Research with Children and Young People’ – Level 6; and Educational Enquiry in the MA Education).
In her early career as a researcher, she worked in the School of Social Sciences in Cardiff, Lancaster and Sheffield Universities. Between 2004 and 2010 Rossana worked at the Learning and Skills Network (LSN) managing/delivering educational projects, and conducting research and evaluation studies in Further and Higher Education. Here she was responsible for the management of the operational requirements of key national educational programmes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology (University Federico Villarreal, Lima, Peru)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sociology (Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru)
- MSc in Social Research Methods (Department of Sociology, University of Surrey)
- PhD (School of Education and Professional Development, Centre for Applied Research in Education, University of East Anglia)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (The Open University)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Prince 2 Practitioner
Rossana's research interests are in teaching and learning in higher education, the sociology of childhood, and the development of qualitative research methodologies.
Modules currently and recently taught:
- SS5031 – Qualitative Research in Theory and Practice
- SS6P32 – Education Studies Dissertation
- SS6030 – Childhood, Youth and Education
- S05033 – Working with Children and Young People
- ED7123 – Research Methods in Education (MA)
- ED7130 – Curriculum Leadership (MA)
- ED7125 – Specialist Module (MA)
- ED7P39 – Education Dissertation
- ED8004 – Research Proposal and Presentation: Research Methodology Part (EdD)
- ED8005 – Conducting Educational Research: Research Methodology Part 2 (EdD)
Rossana Perez-Del-Aguila supervises third-year dissertations, masters' dissertations, EdD and PhD theses.
Senior Lecturer, Education Studies and Course Leader for Education MA