Georgia Whitfield is the course leader of MSc Sports Therapy and a lecturer in sports therapy and sports science.
Georgia initially studied Exercise and Sport Science at Exeter University, before spending some time working abroad and deciding on her next step. On her return she completed her MSc in Sports Therapy at London Metropolitan University. After graduating Georgia spent a number of years working as a Sports Therapist for individuals and sports clubs. She re-joined London Metropolitan University part time to combine her practical work with teaching on a number of modules across the BSc Sports Science, BSc Sports Therapy and MSc Sports Therapy courses.
Georgia is an avid sports participant and viewer. Having spent 14 years playing hockey she now attempts to satisfy her competitive edge trying new sports, running and gym work.
- Sports Therapy MSc
- Personal Training with Strength and Conditioning (Top-up) BSc (Hons)
- Physical Education and Coaching (Top-up) BSc (Hons)
- Physical Education and Football Coaching with Arsenal in the Community FdSc
- Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)
- Sport Psychology, Coaching and Physical Education BSc (Hons)
- Sports and Dance Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Sports Science Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Sports Therapy Extended Degree BSc (Hons)
- Sports Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Rugby, specifically the prevalence of concussion
- Injury occurrence and rehabilitation