Gary Pheiffer is a chartered occupational psychologist and chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD) leading the work psychology area in the School of Psychology. Gary's work experience is in industry, academia and consulting in the area of people management and development.
- Work, occupational, business and consumer psychology
- Adult attachment styles
- Learning, teams, human resource development and culture change
- Personality, child and adult development.
- CPsychol, AFBPsS;
- CSci, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered occupational psychologist
- Fellow of the Highter Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD) (CIPD)
- MSc Occupational Psychology
- MSc Applied Psychology
- Prof Doc Occupational Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Research into the role of adult attachment styles in adult relationship and specifically in the workplace
- Cosmopolitan learning styles and student engagement
- Student employability
- Flow and creativity in organisations.
- Liz Bewley (Prof Doc Occ Psy - 2015)
- Angelina Bennett (Prof Doc Occ Psy - 2011)
Current (with Dr G Moneta)
- Michelle Hunter (Prof Doc Occ Psy)
- Pauline Matthews (Prof Doc Occ Psy)
- John Sweeney (Prof Doc Occ Psy; performance auditing)
- Giovanni Moneta
- Shara Lochun
- Jan Bamford
- Foreign Office: Know How Fund (Russia) 1996
- Bamford, J K, Pheiffer, G, Weber-Newth, I and Marr, T (2006) International Postgraduate Students in London: Some features of their Expectations and Experience. The Cyprus Journal of Sciences vol 4 Spring.Pheiffer G, Holley D, Andrew D & Green M (2005) How Can We use Learning Styles? An Identity Approach International Journal of Applied Human Resource Management 6 (1) 101-117.
- Pheiffer, G, Holley, D & Andrew, D (2005) Developing Thoughtful Students: Using Learning Styles in an HE Context Education & Training Volume 47, No 6 2005 pp422-431.
- Holley, D, Andrew, D and Pheiffer, G (2004) Exploring the usefulness of new technology with new students: a case study Investigations in university teaching and learning. Vol 2 No 1 summer 2004 pp38-43.
- Holley D, Andrew D, Pheiffer G & Green M (2003) Orienting students to higher education: a Business example, in Investigations in university teaching and learning, 1 (1) spring.
- Pheiffer, G, Andrew, D, Green, M & Holley, D (2003). The role of learning styles in integrating and empowering learners. Investigations in university teaching and learning Vol 1 (2) winter 2003 pp36-39.
- Dawson, C, Lord, P and Pheiffer, G, (1999) Management Team Composition: A Spurious Balance? Iconoclastic Papers, vol 1 (1). www.solent.ac.uk
- Pheiffer, G (2015).The influence of adult attachment in effective team functioning. 17th Conference of the European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology, Oslo, Norway 20–23 May 2015.
- Harrabin, J & Pheiffer, G (2015). The influence of personality and the loci of engagement. 17th Conference of the European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology, Oslo, Norway 20–23 May 2015.
- Holmberg, R, Pheiffer, G and Bamford, J (2015). An Exploration Of Personal, Cultural And Cosmopolitanism Learning Orientation And Their Influence On Student Engagement And Learning. ELSIN 20th International Conference, Exeter, UK 1 – 2 July 2015.
- Bamford, J, Holmberg, R and Pheiffer, G (2015). Contextualising Cosmopolitanism As A Communication Style In Higher Education Through An Analysis Of Students' Cultural Values In London And Sweden. ELSIN 20th International Conference, Exeter, UK 1 – 2 July 2015.
- Pheiffer, G, Holley, D and Jones, A (2011). MBTI and it influence on online lurking and engagement: A Case Study. 15th Conference of the European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology Maastricht, May 25-May 28, 2011
- Tawadros, T, Bohot, L, and Pheiffer, G (2011) Is Attachment Style Protective in the Face of High Emotional Labour Work Roles? 15th Conference of the European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology Maastricht, May 25-May 28, 2011.