Dr Gary McLean
Dr Gary McLean is a senior lecturer in Biomedical Sciences and holds a PhD, BSc, and DipSci.
- Infectious diseases
- Antibody engineering.
- Honorary Research Fellow Imperial College London
- Member of British Society of Immunology
- Rhinovirus vaccines
- Neutralising antibody structure and function
- Primary B cell immunodeficiency.
- RS Thompson, NM Khaskhely, DJ Legget, J Mosakowski, S Khuder, GR McLean, MAJ Westerink. Isolation and characterization of human polyreactive pneumococcal polysaccharide antibodies. Open Journal of Immunology 2(3):98-110, 2012
- GR McLean, RP Walton, S Shetty, N Paktiawal, T Kebadze, L Gogsadze, K Niespodziana, R Valenta, NW Bartlett, SL Johnston. Antibody responses to human rhinovirus in a mouse model of infection. Antiviral Research 95(3):193-201, 2012
- G Sapparapu, S Planque, Y Mitsuda, G McLean, Y Nishiyama, S Paul. Constant domain-regulated antibody catalysis. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287:36096-36104, 2012
- CA Thomson, S Bryson, GR McLean, AL Creagh, EF Pai, JW Schrader. Germline V-genes sculpt the binding site of a family of antibodies neutralizing human cytomegalovirus. EMBO J 27(19):2592-2602, 2008
- GR McLean, C Cho, B Trotter, JW Schrader. RIVETS: The recombinant immunoglobulin and viral epitope tag system. Journal of Immunological Methods 315:208-213, 2006
- GR McLean, C Cho, JW Schrader. Autoreactivity of primary human immunoglobulins ancestral to hypermutated human antibodies that neutralize HCMV. Molecular Immunology 43:2012-2022, 2006
- GR McLean, O Olsen, IN Watt, K Leslie, JS Babcook, JW Schrader. Recognition of HCMV by primary immunoglobulins identifies an innate foundation to an adaptive immune response. Journal of Immunology 174:4768-4778, 2005
- GR McLean, K Miller, JW Schrader, A Junker. Biased IgG Isotype Production in a Case of HIGM4 Syndrome. Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology 11(6):1192-1193, 2004
- AH Lucas, GR McLean, DC Reason, The Pediatric Collaborative Group, AP O'Connor, MC Felton, KD Moulton. Molecular ontogeny of the human antibody repertoire to the Haemophilus influenzae type b polysaccharide: Expression of canonical variable regions and their variants in vaccinated infants. Clinical Immunology 108(2):119-127, 2003
- J Navoa, S Laal, L-A Pirofski, GR McLean, Z Dai, JB Robbins, R Schneerson, A Casadevall, A Glatman-Freedman. Specificity and diversity of antibodies to Mycobacterium tuberculosis arabinomannan. Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology 10(1):88-94, 2003
- GR McLean, M Torres, N Elguezabal, A Nakouzi, A Casadevall. Isotype can affect the fine specificity of an antibody for a polysaccharide antigen. Journal of Immunology 169:1379-1386, 2002