Professor Edward Kissin
Professor Edward Kissin is a Professor of Mathematics, STORM. He has a PhD in Pure Mathematics and a BSc (First Class) in Mathematics and Physics.
- Member of the London Mathematical Society
Dr Edward Kissin has the following areas of expertise:
- Functional Analysis
- Banach *-algebras
- Representations on Krein spaces
- Reflexive algebras of operators
- Representations of Lie groups
- Lie algebras of operators
- Operator smooth functions
- (with M Bresar and V Shulman) On Jordan ideals and submodules: algebraic and analytic aspects, Journal of Funk. Anal. and its Applications, 42:3(2008), 71-75.
- (with M Bresar and V Shulman) When Jordan submodules are bimodules, Quarterly Journal of Mathematics Oxford, 59(4) (2008), 409-440, doi:10.1093/qmath/ham053.
- (with M Bresar and V Shulman) Lie ideals: from pure algebra to C*-algebras, Journal fur die reine und angew. Math (Crelle), 623(2008), 73-121.
- (with V Shulman and Yu Turovskii), Banach Lie algebras with Lie subalgebras of finite codimension: their invariant subspaces and Lie ideals, Journal of Functional Analysis, 256 (2009), 323-351, doi: 10.1016/j.jfa.2008.10.012.
- (with V Shulman and Yu Turovskii), Banach Lie algebras with Lie subalgebras of finite codimension have Lie ideals, Journal of London Mathematical Society, (2) 80(2009), 603-626, doi: 10.1112/jlms/jdp046.
- (with D Potapov, V Shulman and F Sukochev) Lipschitz functions, Schatten ideals and unbounded derivations, Journal of Funk. Anal. and its Applications, 44:5(2010), 63-67.
Room: T9-03D Tower Building
Phone: +44 (0)20 7133 4633