Tandemize is back!
Tandemize is a "not for profit" cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary program; that supports students and practitioners to develop the social and cultural impact of their creative practice.
Tandemize "travel fellowships" are funded through British Council to support students and graduates in cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural creative practice.
Our aims are:
- To support people to think of themselves as 'change-makers'.
- To gain an understanding of how creative practice can impact on both culture and society, and vice versa.
- To develop creative solutions from knowledge-exchange; responding and adapting to social and cultural behaviour.
- To develop practice- based methodologies for the ‘why’ and ‘what’ , is made and actioned; the integration of research and practice.
- Develop contextualising skills as facilitator, documenter, archivist & activist.
- To take practice beyond the workbench and design studio, and to site it in public spaces.
- To develop creative interfaces to engage with diverse audiences, to facilitate public-participation.
Buddhini Irusha: Honours Degree of Bachelor of Design / University of Moratuwa
Poorni Rathnamalala: Honours Degree of Bachelor of Design / University of Moratuwa
Subhani Senarathna: Honours Degree of Bachelor of Design / University of Moratuwa
Vathsala Gunasekara: Honours Degree of Bachelor of Design / University of Moratuwa
Yasoda Abeysiriwardana: Honours Degree of Bachelor of Design / University of Moratuwa
Danielle Devoglio: BA Architecture / The Cass
Eeva Sarlin: BA Architecture / The Cass
Josie Wood: BA Jewellery and Silversmithing / The Cass
Reham Elwakil: BA Architecture / The Cass
Roxanne Reynolds: BA Jewellery and Silversmithing / The Cass
Tandemize is curated by senior lecturer Mah Rana.
Image credit: Photograph by Saskia Van der Knoll 2014