Translation Skills and Academic English (Italian) (short course)
Why study this course?
This course is for students from Italian universities currently on translation/interpreting courses.
- to develop increased confidence in the use of the four language skills in English, namely: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- to familiarise students with the use of academic English and academic writing techniques
- to provide participants with strategies for transferring cultural meanings
- to develop participants skill in analysing translation problems and procedures
- to provide some practice in the use of translation memory (TM) tools (SDL Trados Studio) and subtitling software
Students from Italian universities currently on translation/interpreting courses
This one-week course consists of the following components:
- English language/English for academic purposes classes
- translation classes
- interpreting classes
- Computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools sessions
The course teaching times are:
Monday to Friday
10am – 1pm and 2pm – 4pm
Teaching language: English/Italian
Mr Farid Aitsiselmi
How to apply
Please enrol by:
- Making your payment via our secure eshop site.
Select Product catalogue, then short courses.
- Complete the Short Course Enrolment form and send together with a passport-size photograph to:
Non-EU nationals will need to provide a copy of their passport and current VISA.
When to apply
Number of spaces on this course is limited to 25 so early application is advised.